anxiously awaiting your reply Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 920 • Replies: 11
No top replies

contrex

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 12:27 pm
God is an idea that religious people have.
thack45

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 01:15 pm
@contrex,
A valid, albeit extraoridinarily narrow view. Many make use of god/s without any need for religion. Come to think of it, that works the other way around too.

I would generally define god as hope in faith. Or something.
contrex

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 01:59 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

A valid, albeit extraoridinarily narrow view. Many make use of god/s without any need for religion. Come to think of it, that works the other way around too.

I would generally define god as hope in faith. Or something.

That's a contradiction, isn't it? Belief in "God" is itself religious. By definition. "Hope in faith" is something different.

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 06:05 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well I suppose its only fair to post my defenition of God too Smile Evrey time we had something we could not explain we call it a god. God of thunder. God of love sun God. God of all creation. Well right now we are running out of unexplained things But one major one that sticks out in my mind. We dont have a name to my knoledge yet for what was the mass that the big bang came from soo heck why not. Ill call it God. And from God evreything we aware of. So to me God is evreything and evreything is God. Does that sort of make sense?
failures art

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 10:49 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Confused

A god is defined as a being of supernatural origin and typically imbued with the ability to manipulate all or some part of nature. Typically it's physical form is human. This separates it from other supernatural beings whose physical form might resemble one or multiple animals. Gods typically exhibit interest in the activities of humans exclusively.

A
R
T
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 10:56 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
–noun
a frozen food containing cream or milk and butterfat, sugar, flavoring, and sometimes eggs.

You say god, I say ice cream. Same thing! Rolling Eyes
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 10:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
woohoo the God of frozeen delicasies Smile
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2011 02:35 am
@contrex,
hope n faith is an american sitcom isnt it?
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 11:48 am
@failures art,
yay Smile Thats a good text defenition Smile but tell me what would your personal defenetion be? You know like if you were in a coffebar, and someone just asked you that, and you dint have a dictionary in front of you. In that scenario what would your answer be?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 12:05 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Common yall. Look at the dates on these posts. This is one of the subjects that stereotypes my disease. Quit making me suffer Smile I came to the most knoledgeble people I know. So myself and others can have some clarity, As opossed to dilusions on the subject. Please take 30 secs to clariefy this subject? Thank You Smile
JPB

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 01:07 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Very Happy

ok... I don't consider myself a theist so my definition of god is going to be different than one that comes from a theist or even an atheist. To me god is the inherent goodness in each of us. The collective gathering of all those cartoonish figures of the guys in angle costumes sitting on our right shoulders. The devil is just the opposite -- it the inherent nature that each of us carry with the potential to do evil. It's the collection of all of those devilish cartoon characters sitting on our left shoulder.

You could say that I believe in god and the devil, but not as some supernatural force, but as that portion of each of us that has the propensity towards good and/or evil. In other words, we don't come from a god; god comes from us.
0 Replies