Packrats of the World Unite!

mikey

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 09:57 pm
i get it now,,,,
"collector" does have a bit of a ring to it.

fred sanford was here at some point, i know it.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:17 pm
Oh yeah. I have many collections. Shopping bag collection, toy collection, postcard and greeting card collection, matchbook collection, magazine and newspaper collection, the list goes on and on.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 10:37 pm
I only have one junk drawer, but I do have a junk closet...
0 Replies

innie

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 11:05 pm
i never throw stuff away...
i have a little jar of honey from 4 years that i have kept because i think it might come in handy *lord knows why*
i save all my emails, i save the little three legged plastic white things that are in the middle of pizzas...
all the shopping bags i get... they clutter the floor

my mom forces me to throw stuff away Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 11:43 pm
I have a house filled with antiques and collectibles -- beer steins, vintage coffee cans, old wooden bird statues, vintage medical books, antique fire extinguishers, antique tools, old metal advertising signs, old fishing lures, thousands and thousands of books, antique furniture filling in every conceivable spot in the house.... on and on it goes.

My brother, on the other hand, is a minimalist. He has modern furniture and mostly blank walls.

When he comes over to my house and glances at, oh, say an ox yoke, he'll say, "What the hell do you have that thing hangin' there for?"

I'll say, "What, you don't like it?"

"I wouldn't hang that thing in my garage!", he says with disgust as he walks away shaking his head.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 01:25 pm
Since I have no cellar; the attic can only be reached by ladder; and the garage/workshop belongs to Mr. Noddy, I've had to limit my treasures because my space for storing is limited.

My top desk drawer has both useful and potentially useful stuff. I have a cupboard for saving boxes--but it is a very small cupboard. One of the kitchen cabinets--down low, inconvenient--is devoted to containers that once pertained to food or drink. My motto: I Recycle.

Books....some shelves boast a front layer and a back layer....books are hard to winnow.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 06:28 pm
oyyyyyyy! the birds.
When I moved here, a friend of mine offered to take care of all my decoys and other bird things - soapstone birds, carved wooden parrots on coatracks ... we filled her entire garden room. There were somewhere over 80 birds. No, I don't collect birds, or at least I didn't think I did.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 06:34:58