Piffka's Birthday!

Piffka

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 09:43 am
littlek wrote:
She'll see it some time. But, that cake might get stale. Maybe we should dig in....?

Gee whiz. I just saw this... have been offline a lot. Thanks, littlek. I'm going to keep reading and am still waiting for the dinosaur cake to show up.

(man, I don't feel that old. Do I look that old???)
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:22 am
You are all hilarious and awfully nice. I've been chuckling, listening to bagpipe music <swoon>, thinking how swell it is that Satt remembered the hour (that's a mathematician for you) and how... my rep. preceeds me.

Do I talk too much, Quinn? Maaaaaaaybe! But, nahhh, my birthday twin, Clary, comes to my rescue! LOL

Do I like poetry? Yes, especially, maybe even mostly if it's doggerel. Thanks, Setanta.

Diane, as a matter-of-fact, I was just out admiring the moon. (Hey, somebody has to do it!)

Sozobe -- Thanks!

Margo -- Awww! And I was just thinking of you yesterday while I was at the grocery looking at some obviously inferiour Mango Chutney and wishing I still had some of yours!

Husker -- Thanks my friend!

Beth, Misti, Letty -- what a trio of sweeties! Thanks.

ThinkZinc? I'm honored! Was it that bagpipe music that called you? I loved Scotland, yes. Maybe I should emigrate?

Merry A, Gustav, Bear, Dog, and Seal -- You are vastly more entertaining and erudite than you know. I truly enjoy reading your stuff. I think you're hilarious.

Timber -- you're the man. Did you make it yourself?

Eva, Fealola -- never late when you're worth the wait.

Edgar, Ruach -- Thanks for stopping in. Ruach... ooops, you caught me!

Thanks! Thanks, littlek for thinking of me. (And I just signed up for your presidential campaign without having even read this. See, I'll be a loyal supporter.... :wink: )

Thank you to all of you for being such interesting friends, full of cheer & humor. You made my birthday special even if I didn't read this until today. <Where's that emoticon for blushing???>

Ahhh, here it is. Embarrassed Sorry I was late, glad you started eating the cake without me. Guess you had to dig in after the midgets left. (Hmmm, y'know, I once had an interesting encounter with a ....) Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:26 am
Is any cake left for me ? Sorry, all those meetings made me late....

forget the cake, wherez the booze ???

Happy Happy b'day !!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:33 am
Gautam wrote:

forget the cake, wherez the booze ???

You wont like to have the leftover in halffull glasses, don't you? :wink:
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:57 pm
Happy belated birthday, Piffka...hope you had a lovely day!

L Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:33 pm
Hi G. Very Happy -- Yep, either fudge cake or some whisky would be OK. Together??? I dunno.

Walter? LOL -- Half-full is better than empty.

Thanks, Lorna, I did have a great day. My family & friends were good to me.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:50 pm
Where is Piffka?
Here we are all awash in Piffka Happy Birthday wishes---and she is no where to be seen. Is she just shy? Coy? In a snit because we said she was one year older?

BBB
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 07:11 pm
Hey! I'm here. I've posted just above you! Hey!
Hey! Over here... see?

Sorry, BBB, I had a busy couple of days and wasn't checking any new posts, just trying to keep up with old ones when I was online. But no, not in a snit or anything like that. I'd much rather be another year older than the alternative.

Thanks for wondering though. Wink
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 10:36 pm
Hi, Piffka! I have come to this blowout very late, but I wish you a Happy Unbirthday. Shades of the Squeedleboinker.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 09:26 am
Hi Shoe, thanks! It is always nice to hear from you, birthday or unbirthday. Happy Holidays!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 01:46 pm
Piffka wrote:

Margo -- Awww! And I was just thinking of you yesterday while I was at the grocery looking at some obviously inferiour Mango Chutney and wishing I still had some of yours!

Very Happy

Piffka
I was just thinking of you, too. Yesterday was mango chutney making day - and this year it's hot! Shocked I was wondering who you were going to despatch to collect a jar Razz Cool
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 04:03 pm
Margo -- Really? Hot? Oh, that sounds delicious!!! Are you just doing one batch this year? I did mention how delicious it was, I think, mixed with some cranberry sauce and eaten with roasted turkey, right?

I wish it could be me coming to pick up a jar -- someday I'll travel to Oz, I hope. As it happens, my daughter has a friend who will be going to school in Adelaide for a semester... she's an ex-Girl Scout, a straight-A student and all, but still I question whether she could be trusted with the goods! <sigh>
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 12:44 pm
about 40 mangoes have been sacrificed - in 2 batches - hot and "there goes the roof of my mouth"!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 02:35 pm
Belated Happy Piffka!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 03:39 pm
Margo -- Yum! There goes the roof of my mouth@@@!!!!!!!

I just finished making a batch of chili con carne that was so hot they begged me to add more broth to it. Very Happy

Hi Deb! Thanks and a Happy Solstice to you! It's a lovely time of year on either side of the equator.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 07:05 am
I made some mango chutney out of raw green mangoes over the weekend - too bad, we polished it off with spring rolls...

Take abt fusion food !!!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:01 am
Sounds good, G.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:06 am
Better late than never, Piffka- Happy Birthday!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WQDXAvccNlWcQ5FxHyyJ9rF23bnpaoikSo8xfuDeQFGBoOAI6j7cCfLIDFJKn0YCUmnitGEuNHwbJHCW4zSR6kASwNkMLofmOj4QJhVWFJT8k*RrYpF36Ad0fXEopE1dmolIZOGsz*w/happy-birthday-balloons.jpg?dc=4675408732303724798
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:21 am
Oh Gautam, aam chutney, yum
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:54 am
Thanks Phoenix!

Y'know, Clary and I share the same birthday.....

Happy Belated Birthday to Clary, too!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Piffka's Birthday!
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 12:11:48