What's your favorite thing about A2K?

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:29 pm
Just what IS your favorite thing about this site?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,217 • Replies: 75
No top replies

innie

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:32 pm
Well... I'm on alot of forums and sites and chatrooms and things...

but this one is by far the friendliest group. it seems like everyone cares about all the people and you guys are always nice even when you disagree with someone.
plus, usually i'm on teen forums... so it's cool to see stuff from a different perspective.

so that's my favorite thing about this site, the niceness:)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:36 pm
That's nice to hear, innie. Smile I popped into your thread regarding your friend. I hope things go well. It was a brave thing to do.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:46 pm
There are a number of things that I love about this site. One is the fact that I am interacting with people from around the world, and of diverse ages. I also appreciate the level of civility that is demonstrated on this site. I have long outgrown schoolyard fistfights, and do not appreciate virtual ones, that you observe on some sites. On A2K there is a balance between serious discussion, and good natured bantering.

To me, the internet is a great big toy chest. I love finding things for A2K members on the net, because I am learning so much while I am searching.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:46 pm
Hard to choose, Cav, I like every option on the poll, 'cept I only tease bunny once in a while.. still, I like the option.

Picked erudite discussion. Sometimes it floors me how smart people are, including those I disagree with.. But all the other factors make the site a great package, not to get too mushy.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:01 pm
I picked sheer size and scope of the forum.

I've never belonged to such a virtual place as this. I like it. I like the games and I like the conversation that's to be had.

It was a wonderful thing to think up, and thanks goes to whomever founded it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:01 pm
I couldna pick just one - they all are important to me.

Except the last one...grrrrrrrrrr....
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:11 pm
I picked the people of course! I am not smart enough to debate the intellectuals here, and i have to look up erudite.Smile
I have never laughed so hard though, as listening to all the wonderful annecdotes that are spewed.
I read the advice forums but am to dumb to take any....but i am definitely glad I found this site.
Montana is a doll...
slappy and gus make me laugh
frank is pretty sharp
edgar and cav very talented
and i know i am leaving out several of you but not on purpose...I have come to respect most of you!
(Even when I don't agree with you!)
Keep A2K alive!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:14 pm
We like you too willow! Or is it Maggie Simpson? Smile
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:16 pm
There is a very good reason I have a "binky" in my mouth Cav!!!:-))
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:18 pm
My favorite part is that I sometimes get the opportunity to help (mainly in computer and web design). That has always been what it's about for me. Lots of things that I know were taught to me by helpful people on many different forums and it's satisfying to pass it on.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:20 pm
Quote:
I couldna pick just one - they all are important to me.

Except the last one...grrrrrrrrrr....

Dear Bunny-

You are being paid a high compliment. Revel in it! Very Happy
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:21 pm
I am envious that Craven can get his avatar to change anytime he wants to. And I can't even upload the Christmas one...lol..I have tried so hard and keep getting the message...file too big...but hey, I am a great bowler!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:24 pm
all the above, especially the last one. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:26 pm
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:38 pm
I had to go with #3. I've learned quite a bit since arriving here quite by accident. My first exposure was to Craven making a point so clear that I envied his talents. After reading that thread, I discovered how big this forum really is. I don't think I've gone a day without catching up on a topic or two since. I love being able to discuss the taboo topics I would never address at work.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:44 pm
there is no option to click on "CAV" - what's with that??????
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:45 pm
Can I vote twice???
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:48 pm
I like being able to talk to people from all over the world. I also like the fact that intelligent, articulate people are here. In my earliest online experiences, I was horrified at what passed as conversation. What passed as communication.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 05:43 pm
Hey Roberta, weren't your horses trotting before?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's your favorite thing about A2K?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:46:25