Cormac McCarthy Anything New?

Pitter

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 05:31 am
Has Cormac McCarty published any new fiction works after No Country For Old Men? Is it known that he has anything in the works?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,406 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 11:34 am
The answer is yes:

Why not type keywords 'Cormac McCarthy' in search engines Google or Wikipedia to find out?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormac_McCarthy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 03:29 pm
@Pitter,
wasnt "The Road" done after ..."No country'''?
Pitter

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 06:27 pm
@farmerman,
Yes quite right The Road came after. And the link to Wikipedia generously supplied by Ragman provides this result: "The Passenger (working title, TBA)".

Is it the preferred protocol then to always consult google/wikipedia before posting on able2know?
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 28 Nov, 2010 07:09 pm
@Pitter,
I think their reaction is a kneejerkish reaction to the increasing amounts of students asking for homework (not help) but done for them.

As for the Wikipedia working title, Passengers:
Quote:
Cormac McCarthy Papers Opening Soon

Katie Salzmann, lead archivist at the Southwestern Writers Collection at Texas State University at San Marcos, informs us that while construction on the Witliff Collections continues, the Cormac McCarthy Papers should be opened for research in mid-May.

Access to the papers, at this point, is by appointment only.

We'll post more details as we have them, but for now we include, for your reading pleasure, the complete finding aid for the papers [PDF].

Among the collection's notable items is an unfinished novel called The Passenger.

I don't believe this unfinished work will be finished in the first place as it appears to be in the process of being archived with a bunch of the author's other life long accumulation of paperwork.
http://www.cormacmccarthy.com/
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 05:52 am
tsarstepan thank you for that. Too bad. I was hoping thereĀ“d be a new novel in the near future.
0 Replies