FBI Investigation of certain TV Pastors

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 12:25 am
Removal of 20, including Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah and other pastors from the airwaves.

Hi Guys

TBN pastors under threat of being removed from broadcasting and removal from public!!

My sisters send me a chain email which indicates that the FBI might the remove certain corrupt money laundering corrupt so called Christian pastors from public TV broadcasting might be in hand due to FBI investigation into the flow of cash in these organisations Yes they are organisations, not humble Godly churches who keep to the bible and never lose sight of the love and light of our great merciful God of love. . I know from experience that many of these pastors are guilty of begging from the innocent public for money and making huge amounts of money, by falsely promising people that if you give to their ministry God will recompense you a hundred fold and more.

If this were the case why ask their congregation and the public at large? why not just contribute their own money and become hugely wealthy in the process?

These pontificating crooks make my stomach churn. They get away from the simplicity of Jesus Christ and sell thousands of books written by them, full of nonsense, to the gullible suffering people who fall for their fraudulent nonsense

God Bless

Alan
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,306 • Replies: 29
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 02:18 am
@Alan McDougall,
Don't believe a thing you hear in those chain emails. People love to start rumors that can't be traced back to them, and most are just wishful thinking.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 02:33 am
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:
These pontificating crooks make my stomach churn. They get away from the simplicity of Jesus Christ and sell thousands of books written by them, full of nonsense, to the gullible suffering people who fall for their fraudulent nonsense

I have been impressed with Meyer, and sometimes Osteen.
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 02:39 am
It's about time somebody investigated this subject, as I've been disappointed of late in the quality of various pastors being advertised on TV.
Only last night I made a bolognese using a brand of spaghetti that is regularly lauded in prime time ads, only to find it quite tasteless.
A good tip on buying pastor is to ignore the advertising, and read the label to see whether it is made from the finest Durum wheat.
farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 05:47 am
@Old Goat,
Whether its Durum or not, they must use only the semolina otherwise their pastor will be very gooey and will taste like ****.

I agree.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 05:57 am
Osteen appears on TV weekly, here. The times I have actually listened to him, he comes off as a motivational speaker. I haven't noticed him promising anything untoward to persons donating money. Of course, I am also no regular viewer, so I might have missed something.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:01 am
@Alan McDougall,
You are aware, aren't you, that the literacy of the author of that e-mail is marginal?
Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:29 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:

Removal of 20, including Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah and other pastors from the airwaves.

Hi Guys

TBN pastors under threat of being removed from broadcasting and removal from public!!

My sisters send me a chain email which indicates that the FBI might the remove certain corrupt money laundering corrupt so called Christian pastors from public TV broadcasting might be in hand due to FBI investigation into the flow of cash in these organisations Yes they are organisations, not humble Godly churches who keep to the bible and never lose sight of the love and light of our great merciful God of love. . I know from experience that many of these pastors are guilty of begging from the innocent public for money and making huge amounts of money, by falsely promising people that if you give to their ministry God will recompense you a hundred fold and more.

If this were the case why ask their congregation and the public at large? why not just contribute their own money and become hugely wealthy in the process?

God Bless

Alan

I'll believe it when I see it...These people prey upon the old and infirm, the low intelligent and demented... The goverment should protect its old citizens, and appoint some sort of guardian at the first sign of any one sending money to any of those telepreachers.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:35 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You are aware, aren't you, that the literacy of the author of that e-mail is marginal?
Intelligence is the point in question... No one has the balls to go against the Religious Right... It is as big a mine field as messing with Israel... Fools rush in, are words that guide all justice employees... You would need more than a vest...
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:36 am
@Setanta,
i got an email like this about charities and how much of the money collected goes to help folks, i sometimes read them for the entertainment value, this one contained the line

The worst offender was yet again for the 11th year in a row is, UNICEF - CEO, receives $1,200,000 per year, (plus use of a Royal Royce for his exclusive use where ever he goes, and an expense account that is rumored to be well over $150,000.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:40 am
@Fido,
Do me a favor and don't respond to my posts. I consider you an idiot.
Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:56 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Do me a favor and don't respond to my posts. I consider you an idiot.
So what??? I consider you an asshole, and I am troubled to find myself so much in agreement with you... You are like a stopped clock, and they are right twice a day, and you are still an asshole..
Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:59 am
@Fido,
Then don't respond to my posts. How hard is that to understand?
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 06:59 am
@Fido,
theoretically a stopped clock is always right, it's 2 o'clock some where in the world
Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 07:22 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

theoretically a stopped clock is always right, it's 2 o'clock some where in the world
Setanta is worse... He is all face and no works...
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 07:24 am
@Fido,
having met him in person, you couldn't be farther from the truth

but you believe what you want to believe
Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 07:24 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Then don't respond to my posts. How hard is that to understand?
Not hard at all; and I'll try... How hard is that to understand??? But say something stupid, and I'll be on you, dumass...
Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 07:26 am
@Fido,
Hypocrite--you say something stupid virtually every time you post, which is precisely why i don't want you responding to my posts--asshole.
Fido

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 07:26 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

having met him in person, you couldn't be farther from the truth

but you believe what you want to believe
I don't WANT to believe that about any body... Setanta is making me a believer... As I said: it is troubling to find myself so much in agreement with him...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2010 07:27 am
And by the way, Dick, dumb is spelled with a "b." Semi-literate clown.