poll

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 07:34 pm
Happy lovin' couples make it look so easy
Happy lovin' couples always act so kind
Til' i can do some dancin' with a partner
Those happy lovin' couples ain't no friends of mine . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:15 pm
yah, it's all that couple resentment burgeoning up against Two. Really, I have been waiting for Gus to come in and soliloquize on threeness.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:17 pm
I wanna vote again!

I voted 3, and then I find it's a Canuck number waaaahhh!! - now I wanna be #1

Or maybe 5.

or something
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:28 pm
But but but, I LIKE Canada, it just doesn't like Us. generally speaking.

I tried to spell generally right this time.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:39 pm
I think so few people picked 2 because the expression 'number two' has a particular connotation to people with small children.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:51 pm
It does speak to bilateral symmetry.
0 Replies

innie

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 10:44 pm
Ooh I see 3 is the most popular number... as it should be!
it happens to be the strongest, cutest and most charming number.. after all.

there does need to be a number 7 though, as many people have a special fondness for that number, though not myself.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 11:55 pm
Quote:
I think so few people picked 2 because the expression 'number two' has a particular connotation to people with small children.

Merry Andrew was very astute with that observation, and, actually, that was the premise behind my theory.

I had theorized that few people on this board would take #2 because of the scatological implications; they would fear other members of the site would point at them and giggle and say mean things like, "Ha ha, you picked #2.... poopy, poopy, poopy! nya, nya......nya, nya, nya!"

I chose #2 because I fear no one on this site. I had expected other brave souls to venture forward and select #2, and as a matter of fact one did, but failed to identify his/her self.

I was ready to applaud this person, to shower him/her with accolades.

But as it is.... I stand alone with #2.

And I am proud.
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 12:48 am
I voted for #6, just because no one else has yet.
Plus, it reminds me of my favorite activity.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 12:54 am
I chose 2 'cause I don't want to be one anymore
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:47 am
Setanta wrote:
This poll is soooooo biased . . . there is no seven . . . what's up with that? I'll tell you what, seven is just too damned liberal for ya, you won't even admit seven exists . . .

I vote seven.

I know! No 7 or no 9... it's shocking, and sevenist, I tell you. I voted 5. (We are probably scaring people away with our philosophies on numbers!)

I don't know why I chose 5, as out of all those 4 would be the better number for me. I guess my brain told me to go for an extreme, and 1, as Wilso said, is far too lonely as one.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 04:48 am
Yes, it is lonely at the top.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 05:09 am
i chose 3 cuz its odd like me
0 Replies

xifar

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:38 pm
I'm glad to see so much interest for this issue. I picked number 2, a nice low, even number.

Sorry about leaving out 7, don't know what I was thinking.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:40 pm
That's ok xifar. Seems that 3 worked out quite well ;-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:42 pm
xifar's back, hooray, xifar!
0 Replies

xifar

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 12:53 pm
Phoenix - thanks for moving this poll. It would have been a tragedy to have this deleted. I was a little confused when I saw a poll that was just called "poll." Even more surprised when looked and realized that I was the author.

Quote:
I had theorized that few people on this board would take #2 because of the scatological implications; they would fear other members of the site would point at them and giggle and say mean things like, "Ha ha, you picked #2.... poopy, poopy, poopy! nya, nya......nya, nya, nya!"

I chose #2 because I fear no one on this site. I had expected other brave souls to venture forward and select #2, and as a matter of fact one did, but failed to identify his/her self.

I certainly stand with you on 2 and applaud you for being the first to take such a bold move.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » poll
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:21:49