Az to import "unapproved" drugs for lethal injections

JPB

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 09:22 pm
Well... I'm opposed to the death penalty, but if you're going to execute someone should you require the use of FDA approved drugs? I have no idea how I feel about this beyond a "shaking my head" reaction. Anyone care to give an opinion?

Quote:
FLORENCE, Ariz. – Facing a nationwide shortage of a lethal injection drug, Arizona has taken an unusual step that other death penalty states may soon follow: get their supplies from another country.
Such a move, experts say, raises questions about the effectiveness of the drug. But it also may further complicate executions in the 35 states that allow them, as inmates challenge the use of drugs not approved by federal inspectors for use in the U.S.
Arizona said Tuesday that it got its sodium thiopental from Great Britain, the first time a state has acknowledged obtaining the drug from outside the United States since the shortage began slowing executions in the spring. Source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,369 • Replies: 1
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 10:58 pm
@JPB,
Sure. And don't forget to sterilize the injection site.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Az to import "unapproved" drugs for lethal injections
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:36:24