How do I found out about a recently closed business?

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:14 pm
This is more a curiousity rather than anything else. I found my local quiznos is no longer - it is replaced with Unchained Pizza. I know the owner (slightly) so I was curious what happened? I tried to call the old number and the record tells you it changed to another number - which is voila Unchained Pizza.

Anyone know where I can look to find out what happened?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,497 • Replies: 16
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:16 pm
@Linkat,
I don't know what happened, but if the old number points to the new number, that implies they have the same owner. My guess is that the owner chose to use the location for his other business. Maybe he lost the Quiznos franchise.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:17 pm
@Linkat,

you might find something by googling quiznos + your town name, and check search results under google news.

R(quiznos for lunch, downtown crossing)P
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:17 pm
@Linkat,
Contact your local Chamber of Commerce? Perhaps your local town hall might have the some associated contact information.

Go in and ask the management of the Unchained Pizza. Perhaps they are the same owners of the former Quiznos. Perhaps he just lost or gave up his Quiznos franchise due to some kind of dispute with his corporate Quizno overlords.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:21 pm
@engineer,
Well I was hoping something like that he is a really nice guy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:21 pm
@Region Philbis,
In Quincy not Boston - I did try that google without yielding anything.

I've tried looking up the local chamber of commerce although I haven't tried calling them.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:24 pm
@Linkat,

their website has an e-mail link for questions/comments --

http://unchainedpizza.com/
sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:24 pm
@Linkat,
This has some general info... the first several responses are pretty banal but then more info further on:

http://couponpro.blogspot.com/2010/01/is-quiznos-closing-all-of-its-stores.html
Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:38 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yeah - I read their website - I just didn't want to pry into someone else's personal situation so I didn't email.

I may go and try one of their pizzas. There is a yelp.com that gives lots of individual reviews and there is already many more reviews than quiznos had. And they are all within the last week.

I often times drive by this place and this is the first I've noticed.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:40 pm
@sozobe,
I don't doubt it - also this rings a personal note for us - as we had one of these franchises and it almost did us in. Fortunately we got out before it became much worse than it could have been.

That is how we got to know this owner. My husband knows him better so maybe I'll send him to get us some pizza and he'll ask who the owner is.

I checked and this is not a franchise - obviously the play on the name - so it could be disgruntled owner going against the franchise.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:46 pm
I also looked online for our local paper and it still lists quiznos so this must be real quick.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2010 02:54 pm
@sozobe,
Wow, that was an interesting read. One of the Quiznos closed around here. I thought it was strange as it was in a decent location, but this makes some sense now. Here's a 2009 article saying some of the same things that blog said.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 01:18 pm
@Region Philbis,
So you are gonna have to say goodbye to the downtown Quiznos as well. Found out that it either closed or will be. Seems the only ones in the area soon will be the food court in the mall.

Yep we ordered the other night from them and it is the same owner that owned Quiznos. So good for him - he got out of that. I guess Quiznos gave him a hard time telling him he had to stop selling as he could not compete with Quiznos selling sandwiches. He said no way, I'm not selling sandwiches, I'm selling gyros or wraps - forget what it says on the menu.

I don't think Quiznos has much a leg to stand on any way as the owner kept asking for headquarters for some help and they never responded. Well now he gets to pocket the royalty fees. He said even though he isn't selling as much now, he is making more money because the costs are lower and he doesn't have to pay their high advertising and royalty fees (of which he got little for).
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2010 03:47 pm
@Linkat,

they were open as of monday -- i don't walk over there too often, but i'll watch for closerization...

thankful there are 2 Viga's in the area Smile
Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 09:07 am
@Region Philbis,
So if you have a coupon or gift card, I'd suggest using it now. They usually don't give notice that they are closing.
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 01:27 pm
@Linkat,

fyi the downtown crossing quiznos is still open...
Linkat

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2011 02:46 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yeah the one at the South Shore Mall is too - I think the one in Burlington mall may be still open as well. Most have closed in the area.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do I found out about a recently closed business?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:47:15