Men, Have You Finished Your Holiday Shopping?

pueo

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:40 pm
as usual i'm waiting till the last possible moment to shop. don't know why i do this every year, but i know that i'm not alone.

btw, hardware stores have great last minute gifts. nothing says lovin' like a kiln dried 2x4 Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,298 • Replies: 61
No top replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:16 pm
Last minute for me!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:19 pm
Hi pueo!

I think gift cards are highly underrated! I would much rather give someone cash or a gift card than buy something they won't enjoy.

G'night, pueo!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:24 pm
Finished well before Thanksgiving.

Sure took a lot of the stress out of my holidays.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:27 pm
<applause for PDiddie>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:59 pm
would this be a good place for me to drop some hints, or has the lad done his shopping?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:07 pm
pueo--don't you guys have convenience stores over there---you can GET ANYTHING--well, at least more gift like from those ON Christmas.
keep it in mind.

Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:21 pm
This is when it all turns, isn't it? I was pretty smug, feeling on top of things, way ahead of the game even, then a couple of things broke while being fired (handmade gifts), a couple of other things didn't turn out, gaps have remained unfilled, and I'm suddenly feeling a little panicky.

Ack.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 10:35 pm
i refuse to even think about gifts until the 23rd. makes shopping more exciting.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 11:04 pm
Bought a DVD player for my parents today. That concludes my christmas shopping.
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 12:40 am
Gifts bought: zero.
Gifts made: zero.
Addresses of people I could give a gift to: zero.

No matter how hard you work there's no
gaurentee that people will be there.
Better luck next year, I hope. Meanwhile . . .

Please enjoy whatever presents you give or get, no matter what they are.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 02:40 am
Are you kidding !! I havent even started (well, I have but there is still a long list !!)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 03:31 am
I was a last minute shopper for I can't count the years, but for the past 3 years I've been a summer Christmas shopper and I love the stress free holidays now :-)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 05:23 am
Mostly done... but I like the shopping, believe it or not. So I'll keep going out for one last item and think of three last items.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 07:28 am
I found actually that the loser it is to the day and Im out shopping, the more likely I am to get myself items while Im out.
Its good and its bad.
I do the start in August thing myself--makes things very nice.
Just finished my last bunch of cards to go into the mail today.
One gift here to wrap, two more on the way. And just some gift cards to get this weekend...yeah...time to enjoy the festivities! Smile
I can see thought the appeal in shopping close to the day-I was forcd to do that the year I was in a cast and it was fun--well, without the cast I think it would be more fun but, it was pretty nice with people's attitudes for the most part.
Some people are grumpy no matter what.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 08:55 am
I used to do my Christmas shopping on the 23rd, but without stress, and that was because I knew what I was going to buy.

The fun part was looking at the other people out doing their last minute shopping!!! Almost blue in the face, screaming kids all around, 80% of the guys 2 minutes away from a coronary, wimmins going crazy because THAT special item is out of stock! And I was just smiling, feeling totally unstressed, prolly smiling like an idiot...

Nowadays? Don't buy gifts, we spend the money on food, real good food, not just good. And wine. You know what I mean.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2003 09:16 am
not even started yet
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 07:03 pm
five more shopping days left!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 07:04 pm
What shopping?

Are we supposed to buy something?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2003 09:38 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Men, Have You Finished Your Holiday Shopping?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 07:41:21