Mountain climbing, the joys and the bad stuff

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 09:34 pm
Many years ago and far away, my first love was a mountain climber. We didn't work out, primarily about religion, with prompts from his mother, don't get me started, but I've also long thought it shouldn't have worked out, although that took me a while. He married a climber, which I am so not, and I'm guessing they are happy, all this time later.

I'm no mountaineer, though I ate lunch with the group at school for a while and enjoyed it. I somewhat get the engagement with the majesty and the challenge.
I liked the people, by and large, much as with most groups, and this was only over a short time in my lifetime or theirs. I didn't share their purpose and think I knew that through the fuzzyness..

Enough background, this news is tough -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/17/colorado-mountain-climber_n_765724.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 464 • Replies: 1
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2018 12:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Two different first claims for El Capitan come out in documentary form this year.

'It Looked Impossible': New Film Follows Free Climbers Up The 'Dawn Wall'
Dawn Wall (2017)

Alex Honnold Scales El Capitan Without Ropes, And The Climbing World Reels
This climb can be witnessed in the National Geographic documentary, Free Solo (2018).

Seen the latter documentary at the movie theater. Need to see this on the largest screen possible. Might be the first documentary to get a best cinematography nomination.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mountain climbing, the joys and the bad stuff
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:23:51