Politician's Niece?

eoe

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 04:12 pm
There was a very funny political novel that came out less than 5 years ago, very well written, and the author was either the real-life niece or perhaps the daughter of a conservative U.S. politician. It was fiction and the heroine worked in some politicians' office. (my memory may be fuzzy on these facts) The excerpt I read was the office workers partying on a boat with surprise strippers. Is anyone familiar with this book or the author?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 965 • Replies: 11
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 05:07 pm
@eoe,
Haven't heard of it, but you can search the Barnes and Noble website for political fiction sorted by publishing date. That might help.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 05:25 pm
@engineer,
Barnes and Noble (albeit my favorite book store in the world) has the worst search engine in the history of the web.

I've put in correct spellings of an author's name in before because I've forgotten the title of the book and got back results that didn't involve that author or even had any combination of the author's first and/or last name.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:14 pm
"2" replies.

Popular?
squinney

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:31 pm
@eoe,
This is the only thing ringing a bell... not sure if it was a published book / diary?

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2010/08/13/jeff_greene_naked_yacht_parties
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 08:20 pm
@eoe,
I have a faint memory of reading about it in passing, but no glimmer of the person or book.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 05:55 am
Go to www.abebooks.com
You can search by title, by author, or by synopsis.
Just enter the description you wrote on here, and someone will get back to you and let you know the title, author, and where you can get it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 05:59 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
and you worry about popularity..........why?

i never check the side bars at all

i check my posts, new posts, and occasionally my friends, new topics and unanswered

only teenage girls want to be popular Razz
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 06:13 am
Thank you MM. I'll try that.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 06:35 am
@eoe,
Not exactly sure which book you are looking for, but Meghan McCain's Dirty Sexy Politics has some good moments in it. Not a perfect book, but an honest one.
eoe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 06:47 am
@Green Witch,
The book I'm looking for is fiction, published about 5 years ago.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 07:34 am
@eoe,
You're not thinking of "Primary Colors"? (I doubt it, among other things I think it has a hero rather than a heroine, but throwing that out there.)
0 Replies