I'm voting for Rich Whitey -- but then aren't we all?

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 09:57 am
Chicago election officials say crews will work overtime to reprogram thousands of electronic voting machines that mistakenly list a gubernatorial candidate's name as "Rich Whitey" instead of Rich Whitney.

Finally, some truth on the ballots. I'm tired of voting for "Fat Bloviator" or "Entitled Screw-up Offspring, Jr." Let's face it: we're all voting for "Rich Whitey" this election.

eoe

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 12:48 pm
@joefromchicago,
Not ALL of us. Wink
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:25 pm
@eoe,
You might not be, but everyone else is:

Even in tough times, it's good to be a lawmaker: According to a report released this week by the Center for Responsive Politics, there are 237 millionaires serving in Congress, according to 2008 figures.
eoe

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 03:35 pm
@joefromchicago,
Shocked
speechless.
rabel22

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 09:14 am
@eoe,
Joe is right! Ive been saying I havent voted FOR a candidate for the last 30 years, only choosing the less distructive as I judge them.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 04:04 pm
Oh, so we should all make an affirmative effort to vote for Rich (or Poor) Brownie?

What is your point?

The current demographics in America support a a greater number of white political victors than browns.

Are you arguing that "whites" should, unlike their brown brethern, resist this demographic and vote "brown" irrespective of qualifications?

Is there some sort of truing up that needs to be accomplished?

Is being a member of a "minority" sufficent qualification to achieve elected office? Does it trump the other possible qualifications of candidates from the majority?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:13 pm
"5" replies and less than 150 views.

"Popular?"

I don't think so.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 07:17 pm
@joefromchicago,
Ha! Finally, an honest politician! I'd almost have to vote for him just because he was truthful.

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 09:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Oh, so we should all make an affirmative effort to vote for Rich (or Poor) Brownie?

What is your point?

The current demographics in America support a a greater number of white political victors than browns.

Are you arguing that "whites" should, unlike their brown brethern, resist this demographic and vote "brown" irrespective of qualifications?

Is there some sort of truing up that needs to be accomplished?

Is being a member of a "minority" sufficent qualification to achieve elected office? Does it trump the other possible qualifications of candidates from the majority?

Isn't it a little early for you to be drunk-posting, Finn?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 10:24 pm
MMMMMMM Brownies

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Desserts/ChocolateBrownie3.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2010 11:23 pm
@joefromchicago,
speak for your own country.

Our whiteys don't have to be rich at all.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 11:15 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
There's no need to give Finn minuses. He does that all by his very own self.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 05:31 pm
@joefromchicago,
Now that's a robust intellectual argument joe.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2010 05:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I can only work with the material that I'm given.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm voting for Rich Whitey -- but then aren't we all?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:17:52