Do you like Bill Mack? I am a new fan!

jjorge

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:01 pm
I have XM satellite radio and recently started listening to 'Willy's Place' (XM ch 13) which is described as 'Texas honky tonk' but could equally be described as classic country.
Bill Mack is in the 12pm- 3pm slot Mon-Fri on Willy's Place and his show is repeated at night. His wife Cindy (who he refers to as 'Sweet Cindy') is on the show with him daily.
Bill, who is 78, has apparently been around the country music scene for almost 60 years as a singer, a songwriter and a DJ.
He has written a several of mega-hits ( ie. 'Blue' -which was LiAnn Rimes breakout hit- my favorite, 'Drinking champagne', and 'Clinging to A Saving Hand')
For many years Bill Mack had an overnight radio show that was carried coast to coast and was a favorite of truckers.
He seems to be friends with ALL of the country music stars and has great guest visits nearly every day!
What I really like though is that, in addition to being funny, Bill is a genuinely kind and friendly guy.
Well, enough said. you can see that I've become a Bill Mack groupie!
What do you think of him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,043 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jjorge

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:03 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Mack
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:09 pm
@jjorge,
I love the song, 'Blue'. So he writes the sort of song I like. I bought that album having only heard that song on the radio and loved it.

I will have to look this Bill Mack up. I think I would like 'Willy's Place' but I don't have satellite radio and don't know how to get it.
Quote:

Bill Mack is one of the most recognizable voices in country music radio. For many years, Mack was best known as the host of The Country Roads Show, (later U.S. 1 Trucking Show, and later still, Midnight Cowboy Trucking Show) the overnight country music show on WBAP, a clear channel station in Fort Worth. Mack's show catered primarily to truck drivers who traveled during the late-night hours.

Funnily enough, I was just thinking yesterday morning that if I hadn't become a teacher, I'd have liked to have been a truck driver. I love nothing better than driving at night and listening to the radio.
I'd have probably listened to his radio shows if I had.
jjorge

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2010 11:28 pm
@aidan,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. i thought i had a 'notification' thing that would email me re any responses but i got no such email.
In any case you can buy a car w. satellite radio already installed in it, or you can purchase a unit at best buy and such places and have them install it, or you can buy a unit to use inside your home. I have it both in my car and also in a sort of boombox in the house. After obtaining the hardware and any installation needed,
you still have to sign up with xm/sirius (the provider) for your service.
satellite radio has 200+ channels with every imaginable kind of music, news, sports etc.
My faves include 'Willie's Place (XM-13)
http://www.xmradio.com/williesplace
BB Kings'Bluesville' (XM- 74)
http://www.xmradio.com/bbkingsbluesville
ESPN and ESPN 2 radio (channels 140 and 141, respectively) and CNN En Espanol which I use to keep my Spanish from getting rusty.
http://www.xmradio.com/cnnenespanol
0 Replies

rockpatel

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 06:34 am
Three percent of the survey's respondents like some other .... I am a Marco Rubio fan, as he puts long-term solutions to problems ahead of ... Somebody piss in your Wheaties, or did you just have a fight with your wife?
Ragman

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 06:46 am
@rockpatel,
Perhaps you might want to take note of the timestamp of the person you're addressing as it was posted 2 yrs ago. The same for all the other posts. That person is no longer is active on the site for over 2 yr.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 10:51 am
@rockpatel,
have a nice day.
0 Replies