Whats next

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 03:55 am
We are all innocent and pure when we come into this life.  I can still remember the peace and certainty I experienced.  Those memories have become a blessing in my life, a guiding light.  I had faith unto knowledge that God loved all of his children and wanted every single one of us to be happy... I also had no doubt that I would be a powerful advocate for truth, for change, and for love.  At some point I began look outside of myself for reassurance. My intention was to get closer to truth and closer to God. The result was the opposite of what I intended. That one choice brought doubt into my life. That doubt brought chaos into my life, my whole reality changed from one of peace and joy to an existence riddled with fear. In an instant my Heaven was transformed into a living Hell. Every choice I made seemed to bring me further and further away from what I desired.

Everything I experienced seemed to be confirmation of what I feared. There was always a part of me that could not accept the messages I was receiving. Those messages were colored by my fears... I found what I was looking for. My quest for truth continued through all of those trials. For years the truth was revealed to me a piece at a time. My doubts persisted for many years because I was still looking outside of myself for reassurance.

The tide has turned and my eyes have been opened. Faith in myself has been renewed, and my Hell has been transformed into Heaven. Love has become the driving force in my life, and that love prompts me to share what I have learned.

The path to understanding is navigated with words, but the path to truth is navigated by our inner chime… and that chime is the way we feel. Every feeling falls under one of two opposites, and those opposites are love and fear. All other feelings are extensions of either love or fear. They are opposites, like light and darkness… one is the absence of the other. Truth and untruth have the same relationship… nothing can be truth and untruth. Another aspect is that truth and love make sense while untruth and fear create confusion. My task is to share what I have learned, your task is to decide whether my words are truth or untruth.

Our history is plagued with war, greed and hatred. With every occurrence of these there is one constant… a mindset of inequality. Religions, governments, races and classes believe they are the chosen ones, which creates judgment and separation. Men and women justify the most heinous of actions through this one belief. The pursuit of happiness gets abandoned, and is replaced with the pursuit of power. Not only that, but happiness is portrayed as having power… money, titles, awards and recognitions replace peace, love, unity and respect. The truth is that we are all equal. Everyone on the planet has the same right to be here and to be happy. Our world will be at peace if we can let go of this mindset of better then/less then. For humanity… united we stand, divided we fall.

Our actions decide what legacy we leave for future generations. At this point our legacy consists of war, hate, greed, fear-mongering along with the rape of our environment in the name of pieces of paper with numbers on them. We don’t need a God to destroy our civilization… we seem to be doing a bang-up job on our own. It is time for us to pull our heads out of the sand. We all have an equal right to be here, and along with that right comes responsibility. Our society did not get into its current state because of some secret society or because God is punishing us… we created it ourselves. We all know what lies before us if we continue in our current direction… the same thing we have now except worse. We have the opportunity to avert coming disasters and create a legacy of unity and peace.

Peace cannot be achieved through war. Unity cannot be reached through rules and regulations imposed upon any people. Peace and unity are reached by individuals who free themselves from the chains of fear. Societies prosper through truth and love. Great leaders impart wisdom and promote peace. Many of the problems facing our society would evaporate if we shifted our goals away from getting as much as we can… and instead focused on what is in our best interest as individuals and as a global society. I would rather ride a bicycle for the rest of my life than watch our planet die from pollution and war. To me it appears that the benefit of many luxuries has been outweighed by their cost (oil spills, nuclear waste, war over natural resources, pollution, destroying natural habitat). It is time for a change in direction.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 732 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 04:13 am
@Understanding,
Quote:
We are all innocent and pure when we come into this life.  I can still remember the peace and certainty I experienced.  Those memories have become a blessing in my life, a guiding light.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

You're crackin' me up, Bubba.
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 05:31 am
@Understanding,
What's next? Well you don't have your age in your profile but going on this post I'd say you are probably about 12 or 13. One day you'll grow up and look back and laugh at how naive you were at this age.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 05:47 am
@Understanding,
You don't need a mythical God to have a social conscience, and that's what the ecology movement is all about. However, such a conscience "comes cheap" in the West and is unlikely to be a basis for global action.
0 Replies

sanddollar

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 10:24 am
@Understanding,
One of the dear lessons I have learned in this hugh school of life is" Every thought and action has a reaction or cause and effect. I have always believed that there is only one consciousness(GOD or what ever name you have for same) and though out SOUL the diveine spark "IT" has given all life. Creator knows our very thoughts through soul. We live in a non-interference universe and create our own reality with our thoughts. Think good thoughts always.
Sanddollar
fresco

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 10:27 am
@sanddollar,
Smile Isn't word magic wonderful !
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 09:14 pm
@Understanding,
Understanding wrote:

We are all innocent and pure when we come into this life.  I can still remember the peace and certainty I experienced.  Those memories have become a blessing in my life, a guiding light.  I had faith unto knowledge that God loved all of his children and wanted every single one of us to be happy... I also had no doubt that I would be a powerful advocate for truth, for change, and for love.  At some point I began look outside of myself for reassurance. My intention was to get closer to truth and closer to God. The result was the opposite of what I intended. That one choice brought doubt into my life. That doubt brought chaos into my life, my whole reality changed from one of peace and joy to an existence riddled with fear. In an instant my Heaven was transformed into a living Hell. Every choice I made seemed to bring me further and further away from what I desired.

Everything I experienced seemed to be confirmation of what I feared. There was always a part of me that could not accept the messages I was receiving. Those messages were colored by my fears... I found what I was looking for. My quest for truth continued through all of those trials. For years the truth was revealed to me a piece at a time. My doubts persisted for many years because I was still looking outside of myself for reassurance.

The tide has turned and my eyes have been opened. Faith in myself has been renewed, and my Hell has been transformed into Heaven. Love has become the driving force in my life, and that love prompts me to share what I have learned.

The path to understanding is navigated with words, but the path to truth is navigated by our inner chime… and that chime is the way we feel. Every feeling falls under one of two opposites, and those opposites are love and fear. All other feelings are extensions of either love or fear. They are opposites, like light and darkness… one is the absence of the other. Truth and untruth have the same relationship… nothing can be truth and untruth. Another aspect is that truth and love make sense while untruth and fear create confusion. My task is to share what I have learned, your task is to decide whether my words are truth or untruth.

Our history is plagued with war, greed and hatred. With every occurrence of these there is one constant… a mindset of inequality. Religions, governments, races and classes believe they are the chosen ones, which creates judgment and separation. Men and women justify the most heinous of actions through this one belief. The pursuit of happiness gets abandoned, and is replaced with the pursuit of power. Not only that, but happiness is portrayed as having power… money, titles, awards and recognitions replace peace, love, unity and respect. The truth is that we are all equal. Everyone on the planet has the same right to be here and to be happy. Our world will be at peace if we can let go of this mindset of better then/less then. For humanity… united we stand, divided we fall.

Our actions decide what legacy we leave for future generations. At this point our legacy consists of war, hate, greed, fear-mongering along with the rape of our environment in the name of pieces of paper with numbers on them. We don’t need a God to destroy our civilization… we seem to be doing a bang-up job on our own. It is time for us to pull our heads out of the sand. We all have an equal right to be here, and along with that right comes responsibility. Our society did not get into its current state because of some secret society or because God is punishing us… we created it ourselves. We all know what lies before us if we continue in our current direction… the same thing we have now except worse. We have the opportunity to avert coming disasters and create a legacy of unity and peace.

Peace cannot be achieved through war. Unity cannot be reached through rules and regulations imposed upon any people. Peace and unity are reached by individuals who free themselves from the chains of fear. Societies prosper through truth and love. Great leaders impart wisdom and promote peace. Many of the problems facing our society would evaporate if we shifted our goals away from getting as much as we can… and instead focused on what is in our best interest as individuals and as a global society. I would rather ride a bicycle for the rest of my life than watch our planet die from pollution and war. To me it appears that the benefit of many luxuries has been outweighed by their cost (oil spills, nuclear waste, war over natural resources, pollution, destroying natural habitat). It is time for a change in direction.

When has it ever been otherwise?

It will not be so anytime soon...even if we all ride bicycles.
0 Replies