is it ok to like some1 you have never met

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:16 pm
I have met a bloke online on a game (not a dating website or chat room) we were friends for over a year and in the last 2 months have swapped numbers and facebooks. I was extremely attracted to his personality from the day we met our sense of humor is very similar and we just clicked. When i saw his pic on facebook i knew i liked him, he is so my type it seemed strange as i was not expecting to find him physically attractive we have been speaking on the phone every day for hours on end and txt none stop not to mention our gaming time together. I feel like i know this man however there is a distance between where we live. We have agreed to meet, i get that the image i have of who he is may not turn out as well as i hope but i am exited about meeting him. I came out of a relationship 6 months ago and i have a young child i was not looking for a relationship but have really started to like this guy. I am under no illusion of love and am not expecting a fairytale ending but is it OK to feel such a pull to some1 i have never met?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,015 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 04:47 pm
@aphrodites,
aphrodites wrote:

is it ok to like some1 you have never met

yes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 05:24 pm
@aphrodites,
Quote:
I am under no illusion of love and am not expecting a fairytale ending but is it OK to feel such a pull to some1 i have never met?

Sure it is. The entire scenario is very exciting. So, as long as you keep your head on straight, and understand that the reality of the person may or may not be in sync with the illusion that you have of him, have fun, and enjoy your meeting with him.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2010 06:30 pm
Sure. Just be careful when and where you meet him. Public place preferred.
Then take this new relationship to a new level, very slowly.

0 Replies

Hermod

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2010 04:49 am
Even IF it wasn't okay to like somebody you have never met, I'm sure regardless this shouldn't affect a relationship. Not me at least. However this isn't even the case. It's perfectly fine and many relationships in this modern era started at one time, online.

As others have stated, just be careful. Its just as easy to be emotionally hurt after talking first online, then meeting, as it is vice versa. Your main concern should be your child, aswell as yourself (which includes a hopefully positive outcome)

Best of luck!
0 Replies