Best Standup comedian???

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 04:38 pm
thelonious wrote:
Lenny Bruce (when he wasn't talking about his court case)
Bill Hicks
Bob Newhart
Richard Pryor
Robin Harris

Newhart? I've never heard his, what is it like?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 04:48 pm
Will someone please tell me, what the hell Colin Quinn is doing with his own show? Since SNL, I don't think he's ever said anything that makes me laugh. And his delivery is awful.

Anyway, Eddie Murphy was unreal, Chris Rock is nonstop funny...Tracey Morgan, and if anyone's ever heard of him, Jim Norton. He used to be on the Opie and Anthony show, and his standup act is unreal. The general A2K population would LOVE his non-PC jokes(insert sarcasm).
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 05:17 pm
I'm surprised none of you have mentioned Dane Cook. He's a GREAT stand up comedian!

His jokes are good, he's very animated and physical with his presentation, and knows how to work the crowd. Check him out.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:05 pm
Thelonius, thank you for putting Bill Hicks up there. Did you ever see him do the goatboy thing? I have tapes of his stand-up that are pure genius!

I also would put Eddie Izzard pretty high up on the list too. And I like any comedian who isn't afraid to completely destroy and humiliate hecklers or stupid people in the audience.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 25 Jan, 2004 01:45 pm
Richard Pryor
Chris Rock
Dave Chapelle
Paul Mooney
Marsha Warfield
0 Replies

SqUeAkz

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 03:54 pm
I really like steven wright and steve martin (Whats with Steve) But what about chris rock? or i seen this british guy doing stand up and he was HILAROUS!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 06:48 pm
That British guy . . . Eddie Izzard? Was he a cross-dresser? He is great.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 07:12 pm
kickycan wrote:
That British guy . . . Eddie Izzard? Was he a cross-dresser? He is great.

He was not that great to me....His jokes were kinda dumb, and he was kinda annoying.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 07:20 pm
Child of the Light wrote:

He was not that great to me....His jokes were kinda dumb, and he was kinda annoying.

That's my opinion of the majority of American stand ups. They're continue with the same jokes until they're dead and buried.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 07:21 pm
Bernard Manning
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 07:48 pm
Eddie Izzard dumb? Now that's a good one!
0 Replies

Captain Pancake

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2004 12:37 am
You guys already mentioned a lot of my favorite comedians, but here are some that you didn't. One of my all time favorite stan-up comedian is Nick Swardson; That guy is fricken hilarious. And Frank Caliendo, does some of the best impersonations ever, especialy Chris Farley. Dane Cook is a favorite of mine, And I forget his name... Dwaine something, but anyway he does the part about Jaywalking in L.A., Hilarious...
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 11:41 pm
New favorite....Jay F'n London....Thank you, thank you.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2004 03:29 pm
Last Comic Standing...I thought Jay London was pretty funny, his one-liners were hilarious.

A friend of mine, is one of Gary Gulman's best friends. I saw him live probably 4-5 times. Pretty cool to watch him make it that far on national TV.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:09 am
Okay, so did you see George Carlin on Leno last night? He was funnier than ever. He has this new book out which he named so that it would be offensive to all 3 major religions plus vegetarians.

Here's the cover:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1401301347.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

He's very proud that it's been banned by Walmart.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:15 am
Listened to the interview with Carlin on NPR I think he is a genius..
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:27 am
I like many of the comedians named but I love, love, love a canuck comedic, political genius named Rick Mercer.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:45 am
I saw Steve Martin at The Cellar Door, a little venue in DC. After the show he took the whole audience out for an ice cream at a parlor down the block.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:43 am
I saw this big guy from Texas awhile back and he was a hoot. It may have been an old performance tho because he had a drink in one hand and a ciggie in the other, ala Dean Martin. Does anyone know of this character? He was hysterical.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 11:55 am
What did he look like? Bill Hicks is from Texas.
0 Replies