Opponents of health care law want MORE reform, not less

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 11:53 am
Quote:
President Barack Obama's health care overhaul has divided the nation, and Republicans believe their call for repeal will help them win elections in November. But the picture's not that clear-cut.

A new AP poll finds that Americans who think the law should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1.

More

This, I think, points up one of the problems with the simplistic political analysis performed by most major media outlets today. Many people, it seems, would respond to the question "do you favor the health care law?" with a "no," but that doesn't necessarily mean that they want to repeal it. Likewise, if a pollster asked me if I thought President Obama was doing a good job, I'd say without hesitation "no," but that certainly doesn't mean I plan on supporting the Republicans.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,047 • Replies: 14
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 11:59 am
@joefromchicago,
Those who wants more reform should vote for Democrats. The pollsters are just trying trying to paint a bad picture for Democrats. They should have titled the poll to indicate MORE reform.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 12:06 pm
@joefromchicago,
People favor fixing our broken health care system into something that works, and while we all have opinions on how to do this almost no one cares how it is done so long as it works. Also, almost no on likes the law that was just made, it was a corrupt process that has little chance of making our health care system work.

I dont think than you can honestly spin public sentiment into the claim that people want the government to take over health care more than it already does, because I dont think that you can prove that the people have any faith that the Government has the ability to run the health care system, either through bureaucracy or through law making.

The question of repealing the new law or not boils down to who does the people trust less, Corporate power or the government?? I dont think that we know.
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 12:06 pm
@joefromchicago,
so what are you saying, everybody wants more health care, nobody wants to pay for it if it's somebogy else's, hwo is that news??nyou needed a poll to figure that out you should go out more
talk72000

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 12:38 pm
@ABE5177,
The reforms would save money as they would eliminate costs arising from corporate malpractices in their food processing that make people obese, cancer ridden, drug addicted, etc. It is the pharmaceuticals and agri-businesses that are ruining people's health.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 12:41 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
It is the pharmaceuticals and agri-businesses that are ruining people's health.
So let's be clear....your position is that it is the corporations which are responsible for what goes into your mouth, not you?
talk72000

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 12:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
It is a culture and corporations play a large part same as you blaming women for your decisions.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 12:54 pm
@ABE5177,
ABE5177 wrote:

so what are you saying, everybody wants more health care, nobody wants to pay for it if it's somebogy else's...

No.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 02:36 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
same as you blaming women for your decisions.
I do no such thing. I blame men for caving into women and I blame women for being man hating heartless bitches, when they are which thankfully is not most women most of the time.

Show me where I have blamed a woman for my actions.
talk72000

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 04:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
You always bring up women issues.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 27 Sep, 2010 07:28 pm
@talk72000,
Quote:
You always bring up women issues.
Because where we are right now as a collective has a lot to do with things connected to gender issues, where there has been a great amount of change due to the women's movement. I neither made this happen, nor am making this up, it simply is. We need to deal with our issues, avoiding a bunch of them because it goes against the Women's pressure groups agenda is not in our best interests, and it is not the way democracy is supposed to work. If I am wrong about the stuff that I bring up then prove me wrong, but even if I were wrong most of the time you still would not have a valid reason to object to me speaking, and I am not wrong.

I am saying in general that we have made a mistake in how we treat gender power sharing issues, this is not the same thing as yelling fire in a theater, so your objection to me speaking is a violation of my constitutional rights.
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 07:25 am
@joefromchicago,
an elecgtion is the best poll there is
helth care is deader than the dodo
roger

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 01:18 pm
@joefromchicago,
Yeah. Simplistic polls elicit simpilistic answers.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 02:23 pm
@ABE5177,
ABE5177 wrote:

an elecgtion is the best poll there is
helth care is deader dedder than the dodo

Fixed that for you.
roger

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2010 02:37 pm
@joefromchicago,
Smile