Stuxnet: World's first weaponized software?

Irishk

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 12:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
Oh, I know and agree with the 'clues', but just saying the article isn't so much about fact as it is full of speculation. Even the one expert they reference by name, Dr. Cohen, denies he has any 'specific knowledge' that it was Israel, and then the other references are all 'anonymous experts' or 'unnamed sources', etc.

It'll probably be years before we find out for sure. I don't see Israel admitting to it any time soon. Or us, either.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 12:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
Sabotage is sabotage; the method of delivery doesn't matter.

I suspect that this might be a "proof of concept" attack.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 08:32 am
Quote:
Cyberattack on Illinois water utility may confirm Stuxnet warnings
A state report claims that a foreign cyberattack disabled a water pump at an Illinois water utility, say experts who have seen the report. After discovery of the Stuxnet cyberweapon a year ago, many experts predicted that cyberattacks on US infrastructure were imminent.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/1118/Cyberattack-on-Illinois-water-utility-may-confirm-Stuxnet-warnings
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 08:42 am
Stuxnet: World's first weaponized software?

what about Solitaire, Facebook, Twitter and Angry Birds, all are productivity killers
0 Replies

nothingtodo

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2012 08:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
These responses are a decoy. The truth will set you free.
0 Replies