The end of the calender

abuss

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:32 pm
I have been doing a lot of reading about the end of the cycles. My question is at the end of each cycle they say it ended in a cataclysmic event . Is it said that his cycle is to end with dirt or water is that true?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,252 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:38 pm
@abuss,
when I read it, it says it ends on rinse/spin.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:38 pm
Have you noticed that all the idiots talking about the Mayan calendar are white guys? I have spoken to Mayans about the American obsession with their calendar. They find it amusing.

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:39 pm
That's pretty vague. I mean really. Every major cataclysmic event is pretty much one or the other. Earthquakes, floods, volcanos, droughts, glacier's melting, landslides, tsunamis, hurricanes, am I forgetting any??
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:40 pm
Anyway, after the ancient Mayan prediction about digital computers being unable to handle the year 2000 turned about to be mostly bunk, I lost faith in these prophecies.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 09:57 pm
Quote:

Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly "running out" on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it's not the end of the world.

Or is it?

Definitely not, the Mayan elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff."

It can only get worse for him. Next month, Hollywood's "2012" opens in cinemas, featuring earthquakes, meteor showers and a tsunami dumping an aircraft carrier on the White House.

At Cornell University, Ann Martin, who runs the "Ask an Astronomer" Web site, says people are scared.

"It's too bad that we're getting e-mails from fourth-graders who are saying that they're too young to die," Martin said. "We had a mother of two young children who was afraid she wouldn't live to see them grow up."

Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan, ideas.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33261483/
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 12:20 am
@abuss,
Quote:
his cycle is to end with dirt or water is that true?

yes wholly

always rinse the colander

after each cataclysmic cataclasm

those dirty galaxies need a good collision with suds every 26,000 years or so

roger

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 01:06 am
@laughoutlood,
Good. I was hoping for your take on all this.
0 Replies