What is evil?

north

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2010 09:16 pm
@Shlomo,
Shlomo wrote:

God created both good and evil, thus providing environment for moral behavior. We always have to choose between evil and good. Our relation to these two sides of reality defines our moral stance, and not the reverse.

yet for me without god , Humanity would have figured out what is good and bad for Humanity to survive , would have set its own " moral " behavior

god creates this multiy dicotomy , divides Humanity into groups ,derivatives , none of which holds Humanity above any god

divide and conquer

god produced evil
0 Replies

SteveM

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2010 07:10 am
@imbored123,
Is it any wonder that the concept of evil is always explained as something which is destructive to an individual or to a group of people. No one would call clean water and fresh air evil. Evil would that which is destructive to anything that promotes life.

My point is, is that no matter who you are, and in which society you live in, evil is always perceived to be something harmful to man's life, in one way or another.
north

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2010 03:33 pm
@SteveM,
SteveM wrote:

Is it any wonder that the concept of evil is always explained as something which is destructive to an individual or to a group of people. No one would call clean water and fresh air evil. Evil would that which is destructive to anything that promotes life.

My point is, is that no matter who you are, and in which society you live in, evil is always perceived to be something harmful to man's life, in one way or another.

if though god nor evil were present in your vocabulary what else would we call acts against life and life sustaining needs ?
0 Replies