Bought a house with Rainsoft gold unit. Are they worth anything?

Reply Thu 16 Sep, 2010 10:59 pm
I bought a bank owned home with a aqc100 gold series I believe. It has a sticker from an independent dated 02 so I know it's at least 8 years old. I thought about keeping it and added solar salt to it as suggested, and it did the regeneration cycle. From that I at least know it works. It is the single cylinder unit with a square plastic tube for the salt. I also have the reverse osmosis from under the kitchen sink. It has a unit with 3 small filters and 1 larger container. I was wondering if these units are worth anything. thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,136 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Andy CWS

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2010 06:42 am
@RandallFlagg,
Obviuosly, if they work, they are worth it. If they are not working, are they worth fixing? That is another question.

There are many Rainsoft customers on this forum;most here due to problems with the units and other difficulties. Find out if the units are working and where a service tech can be located--if locally.

If your system is a "timer" unit, I would get rid of it. Rainsoft still often sells timer softener, which are very inefficient. Their RO is very simple in design and apples-to-apples competitors may serve you well. Going new with drinking water systems is preferred, IMO.
0 Replies