What is the MOST offensive question that you have ever been asked?

ibstubro

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 11:03 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Yes, BBB, I understand.

My father passed and at the next possible opportunity my mother cornered me in the lobby of a grocery store to tell me that the only thing she could not keep from his estate was a life insurance policy, and that we needed to get together so my sister and I could sign and get a portion. She implied that her estate is a couple of million, and that it will go to charity if my sister and I don't come back into the fold and suck up.

I finally looked at her and said, "You are going to do whatever you are going to do. You are just playing games, and that's the reason I do not associate with you in the first place." The next time I spoke to her, she cornered me in the Walmart and told me she would give me $12,500, BUT, I had to 'tell her that I wanted it', i.e. "ASK" for it. I said something to the affect of 'sure, go ahead and send it' and she said, "No, you have to TELL me that you WANT it."

Seen any flying bacon lately?

Oh, and they whole insurance policy was a ploy...seems that there was about $15,000 she couldn't get without applying for it. Otherwise it would be split between her 3 (natural born) children. She needed us to play nice until she got that 15 grand in her pocket. lol
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 04:37 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

I made an unannounced visit to my parent's home in my mid-forties. I spent an hour with them, which confirmed my decision to cut off all contact was the right thing for me.

I'm glad you paid that last visit to those 'parents.' Glad you closed that door, and I'm sure they knew it. Just think, though. Your conscience is clear, you never treated anybody like that yourself. Feel very sorry for them. Every time you visited them they would have just reconvinced you, somehow, that it was all your fault. Because that's what all bad parents do. When I left my two lovely parents I didn't go back again for over 20 years. They weren't so lovely, but that is a long story, too.

Hope you're feeling well, BBB.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 04:45 pm
@ibstubro,
When I was a kid, many whites told me "why don't you go back to your own country." I was born and raised in the US; I know no other country.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 05:49:06