VPN Programs That WORK?

thailen

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 03:16 am
Since I live outside of the U.S., many internet sites block my viewing of programs(e.g. National Geographic, PBS Frontline and Nature). I've been told I can download a VPN program to provide the site with a U.S. IP address. So far, I've downloaded two: Open VPN and Free VPN, neither of which has helped. Any ideas or suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,326 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:17 am
@thailen,
The only reason I can think of that they would not work is that the US sites you are trying to go to had gone to the trouble of blocking the known isp ranges of the VPN gateways you had try.

You could give hotspot VPN a try first and if that does not work you can fall back on TOR but you will need to go to the trouble of setting up TOR to used only US output nodes. See the TOR manual for more details.

TOR had far too many output nodes for anyone to filter.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 06:40 am
@thailen,
Go to this link and take note of the comments added to the article at the end as they might prove helpful to you.

http://techcrunch.com/2009/10/05/internet-anonymizer-web-surf-vpn-hulu-pandora-spotify/
0 Replies