Are you a former Askville member?

childof1truegod

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 02:44 pm
@naconasong,
Hey Naconasong.....glad to see (read) you here! I missed you on Av and now I miss the old AV...this does look promising
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 02:47 pm
@littlek,
Thanks for the bg K. I remember reading about abuzz in an article in something (can't remember if it was an IT or library journal) and went to have a look. Still here.
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 03:13 pm
@naconasong,
Welcome naconasong! Glad you gave it a try. I'm doing my best to migrate to good people over to a good site!
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 03:15 pm
@childof1truegod,
Welcome, childof1truegod. Maybe all us strays will find a home yet. ;-)
childof1truegod

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 03:34 pm
@ibstubro,
I've been looking around here and it seems like what we were used to....better than the new version of AV....
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 04:26 pm
@ibstubro,
ibstubro wrote:

Welcome, childof1truegod. Maybe all us strays will find a home yet. ;-)

You will be directed to the holding area where you will be processed and assimilated.

Smile
hingehead

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 04:30 pm
@Intrepid,
We need a big statue, Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free.

No building mosques though!
0 Replies

childof1truegod

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 05:48 pm
@Intrepid,
LOL! Processed, well, O.K......assimilated?!?! Hmmmm, fitting in...new concept for me! ;~D
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 05:55 pm
@Intrepid,
You may find a couple that need de-loused.
Please refrain from the use of harsh abrasives.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 06:06 pm
@childof1truegod,
Hi, all of you - this format is being worked on. We've a pretty good history over the years, hang in until you can figure us out. Don't just drop from a post or two.

Presently, the person and his company who started this whole thing are working up a way to please the (to me) academic needs of some philosophy folk, and this is taking time.

The format here is in transition, but we'll explain it, or you can look up other qualms - oh, wait where?

Well, search is one of the big fix problems, but many of us can direct you to past threads that answer stuff. And search isn't all that bad:

-- look at the search forums window on New Posts, and type in a word.

type in a phrase in the Google custom search box to the upper right, and see what comes up.

Child, you'll soon find pals, just look.
roger

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 06:07 pm
@ibstubro,
I'm glad of your arrival, and happy that you seem to like the place. Hope that doesn't change.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 06:14 pm
@roger,
They probably won't like our expletives. Not to prejudge. Mostly we get over our own expletives.

We are now (it's been several years getting here) highly self moderated because of the administration policy, though moderation is always there. Thus the report button.
ibstubro

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 06:34 pm
@ossobuco,
BLEH! SPIT! The dreaded 'Change for the Better'!

;-)

Read closely and hating the new ASKVILLE format is what brought us here.

Fortunately child was brought here by a friend and brought friends with. I think we'll all be sticking it out for a while. I didn't go to all the trouble of dragging them here just to see them flame out.
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 06:39 pm
@roger,
It's been pleasantly, easily interactive as or yet. I'm back to enjoying it after days of Askville frustration. It's the people I hate to loose contact with, so I'm trying to migrate some of the better to a2k.

I'm not 100% sure what it does, and I don't 100% care, but I'm gonna follow you, rog. It's NOT stalking. HONESTLY. ;-)
ibstubro

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 06:41 pm
@ossobuco,
Personally, I don't give a roger's rump about cursing, and you'll find that the Askvillers joining will pretty much just monitor themselves.
roger

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 06:48 pm
@ibstubro,
Oh, thanks. I only follow one person at the moment. She posts brilliantly, but rarely and I don't want to miss it. We always disagree, but its good to question my own opinions.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 07:00 pm
@ibstubro,
A roger's rump, what? He is a sharp. Controlled. Wit. But, very human

He probably doesn't want his rump promoted....
ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 07:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Whatever, you're a fit.

Roger is not following me, we're ordinary life pals.

Hmmm;
0 Replies

ibstubro

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 07:19 pm
@ossobuco,
I hear he's a rat...I saw that somewhere recently.
Not that I really give a rat's arse about that, either.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2010 07:25 pm
@ibstubro,
He's a tad terse, as rats tend to be, watching their tails as they do.
0 Replies