Exposure by Free Republic Forces Huffington Post to Pull Article Threatening Glenn Beck

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:57 pm
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2580103/posts

Quote:

The Huffington Post has pulled an article published this morning targeting Glenn Beck with a $100,000 bounty after news of the threat was broken on Free Republic.

The article, titled $100,000 For Glenn Beck's Sex Tapes has been replaced with the following message:

Editor's Note: This piece was published directly to the Huffington Post by its author. It didn't meet our editorial standards and has been removed from the site.

The URL for the pulled article reflects the title: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/beau-friedlander/100000-for-glenn-becks-se_b_698724.html

The author of the threat, Beau Friedlander, is the former editor-in-chief of Air America.....

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 544 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Fido

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:41 pm
@gungasnake,
What sort of animal would participate in a sex show with Glen Beck short of being threatened with a whip??? Some one should call the peta people... My bet is that no sex tapes exist because the guy has no unit...Sure, he may be a catcher and not a pitcher... Most republican mouthpieces are...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:03 pm
@gungasnake,
While the HP did what they thought they needed to do to maintain their standards, Gunga naturally did what he should do to maintain his "standards";

Exposure by Free Republic Forces Huffington Post to Pull Article Threatening Glenn Beck

There was no threat against Beck, was there, gunga?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:30 pm
So, there are sex tapes of Glenn Beck then?
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 03:28 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/beau-friedlander/an-apology-to-glenn-beck_b_699504.html

Quote:
August 30, 2010

Beau Friedlander
Posted: August 30, 2010 04:08 PM

An Apology to Glenn Beck

Earlier today I posted something on Huffington Post that was taken down by the staff there. I can accept and respect their reasons for doing that.

The post was called "$100,000 For Glenn Beck's Sex Tape." It was supposed to simply make the point that the right does not hesitate to play rough with the left, and the right is far better financed. It was glib, but finally off-kilter and misdirected.

I was actually trying to mimic what I saw as the way right wingers go about these matters, and by misapprehending the way they do things, I went too far. (I offered to broker a deal for anyone who had damaging media pertaining to Glenn Beck.)

First, I owe Glenn Beck an apology. I crossed the line. On the off chance something comes in over the transom...scratch that; I'll delete the email account. Problem solved.

I meant to tilt at a windmill in the post, and I planted my lance in the dirt.

A friend commented:

The people on the left who parrot and jerk their knees are just as much an obstacle to an outcome that benefits the maximum number of people as the "sheepies" are.

Well said, Struan. For me, it is back to the drawing board.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 04:07 pm
@gungasnake,
Exposure by Free Republic Forces Huffington Post to Pull Article

Quote:
Editor's Note: This piece was published directly to the Huffington Post by its author. It didn't meet our editorial standards and has been removed from the site.

Is this accurate, gunga?

Does anything you say ever have any connection to the truth?

gungasnake

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 07:43 pm
@JTT,
Quote:

That's basically what happened.

Fido

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 06:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

So, there are sex tapes of Glenn Beck then?

No... Infrared possibly... No one would have sex with him with the lights on...

That is all psy opps.... If you say there are; people believe there are, and your work is done... It may be a fair turnaround for Beck, but the poisoning of the political waters which is so nearly complete and into which Beck has poured all that is noxious does not need more of the same... Sure, the guy should be spanked and sat in the corner... But remember... That is not freedom of speech... That is capital speaking through him... That is corporate free speech, and when they talk we can't hear ourselves think... And better yet for all those who have no original thoughts, who in the silence of the night hear only the humming of a slowly approaching death while wisdom says nothing...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2010 06:50 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:

That's basically what happened.

Basically is a liars word if ever a word could lie... How about exactly??? How about grabbing a dictionary and telling as completely as possible, what exactly transpired...
gungasnake

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2010 07:32 am
@Fido,
That's exactly what happened. Better?
JTT

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2010 01:15 pm
@gungasnake,
Yup, that's better, gunga. It's not like you have ever been known to mislead anyone.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Exposure by Free Republic Forces Huffington Post to Pull Article Threatening Glenn Beck
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 07:40:03