colossus 225 uk stinker

margsy

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 03:27 am
Can anyone please help with what l hope are the last three 146a Replete (??T?R)147a Drone (?O?O?D?E),if the D is wrong it would make the answer MONOTONE, but that would make the answer to 128d ANNDORA wrong, would apreciate any help there,and also 157a Humanities faculty (?R?S),grateful thanks in advance :->
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 888 • Replies: 8
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by margsy
Dutchy

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 03:41 am
@margsy,
Hi margsy

I suggest for replete SATED. and I feel MONOTONE is the only solution for drone. For your last question I suggest ARTS.

Difficult without the grid to help you further with ANNDORA.
sandray

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 03:52 am
@margsy,
Hi try changing your spelling 128d ANDORRA then monotone fits.
good luck sandray
margsy

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 04:11 am
@sandray,
Thank you sandray,that will teach me to look up in my atlas next time,andorra is a small country which is between france and spain, once again, thank you :->
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 04:25 am
@Dutchy,
Gday Dutchy, l too would have SATED for clue replete but then it would make my answer of FOLDS for clue melds wrong (something l think to do with playing cards),it has to start with a F as artwork in plaster is FRESCO.and also the answer to 134d -core of officers is CARDE and 133d go into is ENTER,hence l have the letters L?T?R for the clue to 146a replete. Hope you can understand my explanation,so it is a thing l will have to keep working at.Will hope to be able to do what we discussed sometime this week, plenty of time to get answers,closing date 16th Sept :->
farkha
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 05:58 am
@margsy,
How about Fuses for Melds to resolve the issue and accept Fresco, Cadre and Enter as correct answers. Cheers.
sandray

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 09:57 am
@farkha,
Hi I agree I had fuses
quite a hard stinker this month, good luck sandray
margsy

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 01:26 am
@farkha,
l say a BIG BIG THANK YOU for coming up with FUSES,much more suitable for the clue,and of course it fits in beautifully with the other words,and then l only had to find two more that l had forgotten about and now THANK GOODNESS this morning L FINISHED the grid, thank you once again to one and all for their help, good luck to all of you that needs to complete it,if l can be of assistance please email me, :-> :->
0 Replies

margsy

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2010 01:27 am
@sandray,
Yes sandray it is a real mind boggler,but thank goodness l have completed it, now onto the puzzles book,but got until october to finish it,soon be time for my next big to arrive. Keeps the mind going even though l do have my BLONDE moments, lol :->
0 Replies