Yahoo getting intrusive?

roger

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:40 am
For the past week, I've been going to internet options on the control panel and setting a2k as my home page. It usually sticks for about a day, after which "My Yahoo" becomes my home page, apparantly of it's own volition. Am I doing something wrong, or is thing getting aggressive as it ages?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,013 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:57 am
Have you checked your My Yahoo profile options over at Yahoo to see if they slipped in a "Check to ensure My Yahoo is always my homepage" type option?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:01 am
Huh! No, I haven't, but I sure will. Thanks for the suggestion.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:03 am
Bossy bugger! Yahoo, I mean.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:06 am
Un huh, and considering some of the other complaints and questions I've seen posted, she just might end up outsmarting herself.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:26 am
Butrflynet, I have failed. I cannot find My Yahoo profile options. She is not making this easy for me.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:31 am
There may not be any, I was just offering it as a starting place to check. Wink

I don't belong to anything on Yahoo other then for their games and have never used their email or messenger utilities.

If I remember correctly, the games portion of the site lets you specify certain defaults for your game account, and I think it used to let you set defaults for group memberships at Yahoo Groups after it took over from Egroups.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:57 am
I have SBC DSL which morphed without asking me to SBC Yahoo, sigh. I despise yahoo's set up for email retrieval, slower than molasses, not to mention that I don't want the homepage, etc. So I reroute it to my Outlook Express.

Google is my homepage, as I hate fooforaw flashing at me.
0 Replies