My Yahoo! Account being hacked!

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 12:12 am
Hi there,
Yesterday, somebody hacked into my Yahoo! account , deleted all of my emails , changed my password and unfortunately sent some offline msgs and email to my buddy list and contact names.
Generally, I just want to know if there is any method to find Yahoo! account hacker and how I can deactivate my Yahoo! account or recover my password.

BTW, I know almost who hacked into my Yahoo! account and I know her Email account Yahoo! Is there any services in Yahoo! Services to report to deactivate or suspend her account.

Your help will be appreciated.

Universe
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,835 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 03:19 am
Sorry I can't help, but I'd like to know the answer to that myself.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 08:37 am
http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/abuse/cgi_abuse
0 Replies

universe

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 10:42 am
Dear Craven,
Thanks for your help.
Universe
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 03:00 pm
One way to get your account hacked is by going into the chat rooms in yahoo.
The best thing you can do is definetly invest in YTunnel !!!
It's about $20 BUT it will only allow people on your buddy list to IM you or PM you.
Hackers generally PM you when you are signed off of Yahoo messenger with boot codes. So if you have YTunnel ( go to YTunnel.com ) then they wont be able to send you this PM Laughing
One other thing you can do is find your filter1.txt file which is usually in your programs/yahoo/filter1.txt file.....just click on start and click search and then type in filter1.txt....it will find it for you. Then right click on it once you've found it and OPEN it. This acts as a filter and if anyone IM or PM's you with any of the words you have in your filter their message is blocked out. :wink:
I don't have time to give you the filter words to type in...here are a few...I will be back tomorrow with more......good luck....
>url,>a,>url<
0 Replies