Please help explain this chapter!

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:35 pm
Upset. Lied to my whole life. If you can tell me WHY the Lord or God would tell Moses or anyone else to keep all the virgin women & children for themselves, I would be eternally greatful.
Numbers 31. Is this only for jews to believe as it is the old testament? I am not believing in or giving ANY part of myself to a god who orders the rape of women and children.
It's right in there. I read it with my own two eyes so what's up? Please explain!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 522 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fresco

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 12:30 am
@awakenow,
Rolling Eyes

What needs explanation ? It is common knowledge that "holy books" of all faiths were and are instruments of psychological and social control, based on diverse historical interpretations from various authors.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 12:44 am
It seems you have noticed that there is a whole lot of crazy stuff in the Bible.
0 Replies

dknichol

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 04:32 pm
@awakenow,
Basicly - God wanted His people to be kept pure - not to have relationships with other nations, so that the true isralites would stay as His choosen children. Don't get to lost!
fresco

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 12:05 am
@dknichol,
Laughing
0 Replies