My Chow Chow Sebastian Has Died

Chumly

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 02:47 pm
Our wonderful black Chow Chow Sebastian has died. He was a superior dog-friend and ever-so-loyal. He was only with us three years before his untimely demise. He will never be forgotten. That is all I can say.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 1,846 • Replies: 16
No top replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 03:32 pm
@Chumly,
I'm so sorry you've lost your faithful friend. Was Chow Chow Sebastian your only dog? I've found that if I replace my deceased dog as soon as possible works best for helping me to get through the mourning.

BBB
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 04:27 pm
@Chumly,
I am sorry for your loss. I hope that you believe in your heart that you treated Sebastian each day while he lived as you wish you did now.

A Tribute To A Dog

Quote:
The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son and daughter that he has reared with loving care may become ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has he may lose. It flies away from him when he may need it most. Man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees and do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our head.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his DOG. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground,where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wing and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast into the cold, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard him against danger, and to fight against his enemies. When the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws and his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

-Senator George Vest, 1870.

I will hug my pack more dearly tonight thinking of your loss.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 04:29 pm
@Chumly,
I'm sorry Chumly, I feel for you.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 04:34 pm
I suppose everyone has their own means of grieving the loss of a pet, when my dog Misha (a mixed Chow-Chow/Samoyed) died I didn't get another dog (from the shelter) for 5 years. I have had Sally-dog for 5 years now.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 05:23 pm
@Chumly,
I'm really sorry to hear of this loss. I bet Sebastian was considered a son in the family.

The three years he was with you probably made a difference in his brief life.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 06:44 pm
Chumly,
I feel for your loss. I recently lost a four-legged friend too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 07:02 pm
I still grieve for pets I have lost, including dogs, cats, chickens and a pig.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 07:34 pm
Unconditional love . . .
just doesn't come any other way.

Sorry for you loss.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 08:25 pm
@Chumly,
Sorry for your loss. I too have experienced this and can understand the feelings.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 08:26 pm
@Chumly,
I'm sorry to read of your loss, Chumly. My wife and I know how hard it is to grieve for the death of a pet.

Last year, about this time, unfortunately both of our cats (at that time) had to be euthanized due to health problems.

((((((((((Mr. & Mrs. Chumly)))))))))))
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 08:45 pm
I do thank you all for your understanding and companion. I am not at all certain that the pain of death is balanced by the joy of life. Sebastian was our friend. We did the best we could for him.
Diane

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 08:57 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

I am not at all certain that the pain of death is balanced by the joy of life. Sebastian was our friend. We did the best we could for him.

Perhaps when you are able to welcome another dog into your home as another beloved family member, the joy of life will return with new energy and love. I hope so. Death is so terribly painful

I send you and Mrs. Chumly my empathy and deepest sympathies.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 09:11 pm
@Chumly,
I am very sorry for your loss, Chumly.
Us animal lovers know how painful and saddening it is, to lose a beloved pet,
yet the house is empty without a wet nose nudging you, without a tongue licking
all over the windows, and without a cheerful, loyal hello when you come into the door.
In time, we always find ourselves at the animal shelter again....
and there is always another loyal pet waiting who needs us to love and nurture them.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 05:36 am
@Chumly,
I'm really sorry to hear this, Chumly.
Poor little dog.
Poor you & Mrs Chumly.
It's so hard when we lose our darling critters. (Never gotten used to it, myself.)
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 06:34 pm
@Chumly,
Very sorry, Chumly. It can be hard to appreciate how deeply such a loss can be felt, and we often feel foolish for being so affected.
Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 06:36 pm
@Eorl,
Nobody should feel foolish over the loss of a loved one. Whether that loved one be man or dog. Or, any other animal companion.
0 Replies