Athletic Shoes

Sat 14 Aug, 2010 10:26 am
I usually wear a 9-1/2 eee dress shoe. I haven't worn athletic shoes in years but would like to by 2 pair on line. My question is do I order the same size if buying athletic shoes? Thanks for any help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,191 • Replies: 8
Topic Closed
No top replies

tsarstepan

Sat 14 Aug, 2010 10:34 am
@Victor Murphy,
For the most part, yes. Dress shoes and sneakers share the same standards in the US.

You still might want to try them on as depending on the country of origin of the shoes, the sizes do slightly vary ... but not by very much ... but in terms of probably a half size difference at worst.

I always never have a problem with finding 9 and 1/2 shoes be it sneakers or dress shoes (both in the same size unit).
Victor Murphy

Wed 22 Sep, 2010 07:44 am
@tsarstepan,
I have a hard time walking because of severe arthritis! That's why I want to order the shoes on line.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sat 4 Dec, 2010 01:02 am
@Victor Murphy,
You seem to be an expert on shoes (or at least you write about shoes a lot): What seems to be the best waterproof boots that I might look into buying (less then $100) but can walk long distances in them so they have to be comfortable and have a reasonable amount of support like sneakers?
ossobuco

Sat 4 Dec, 2010 01:09 am
Good grief.
Feet differ.

Get your feet evaluated and go from there.
Victor Murphy

Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:26 pm
@ossobuco,
I can't walk without a cane or I will fall. My knees are so bad that I can hardly walk across the street because of the pain. I live alone with no one to help me. I have been trying to buy as much as I can on line!
roger

Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:01 pm
@Victor Murphy,
Understood, but nevertheless, I promise that not all size 10s are the same. Some are constructed in a way that are way too tight on my toes, while letting my heels come almost completely out of the shoes. Shoes are simply the last thing I would order online, and if I did, I would only order from vendors who promise a return privilage.

To your main question, athletic shoes should be the same size as dress shoes, work boots, etc., especially if they are the same brand.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
Stepan, my suggestion is to browse L L Bean.
0 Replies

redcloakgirl

Mon 5 Dec, 2011 11:29 pm
better to get your feet evaluated prior buying Smile
0 Replies