Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 01:58 am
Hello,
I have taken share of "Tanla sol" at an price rate of Rs 64.35 and I have taken 300 in quantity around 6 months ago , and in recent market this share is doing very badly.What should i do at this point of time .I can even hold this for long term also. Is there any hope for this share to meet its level of around Rs 70+ in future.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 4,553 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 02:48 am
@Rohan More,
I don't know the share, but my general rule is to hold the winners and cut the losers. Do the opposite and you end up with a portfolio of losers.

Unless I had specific information telling me otherwise, I would take the loss right now.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:49 am
Without more information about the company, it would be difficult to make any suggestion. If it is the technological solutions company, its current decline might change direction as the general business climate improves.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 07:54 am
@Rohan More,
Why did you buy the company in the first place? If you bought because you thought the company made good products, was well managed and had good opportunities for future growth, look at it again and see if it is still true. If it is, hold on or even buy more. If some of those determinations are now obviously wrong in hindsight, time to sell. If you didn't do any research ahead of time, time to sell.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 08:02 am
@Rohan More,
The price at which you bought the stock is immaterial*; look at the current status of the company and decide whether you expect the stock price to go up or to go down. Then compare that expectation with how you can otherwise use the money.

*Except from the point of view of taxes. If you want to take money out of your stock portfolio, then find a loser that you're willing to sell; that way you won't pay capital gains taxes (in the U.S.).
0 Replies

Max26

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 02:46 pm
@Rohan More,
Hi dear... Can you tell me about September 2012 share, if you have information about it, so please share with me because, i really need this, Please help me ...
0 Replies