"Sent" E Mail Message Folder

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:16 am
Every once in awhile, I will send an E Mail message in my ISP (Verizon FIOS.)
which will not show up in my "sent" folder.

I know that many of these messages have been received, because I subsequently receive a reply to it.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Has it happened to you? Is there any way to retrieve those E Mails?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,226 • Replies: 3
No top replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:40 am
@Phoenix32890,
This is a general answer, ie not specific to Verizon e-mail software: did you at any time change your e-mail settings? Some systems save them automatically and your option is to stop them from doing so; others don't but provide an option for you to do so - really depends on total mailbox memory available. All e-mail is saved somewhere on the sending and receiving servers as well as on intermediate nodes - in addition to your own system, if applicable - so theoretically you can always get them back. If you think they're vital for some reason - proving a legal case, eg - you can ask Verizon to retrieve them; they can do it and are legally obligated to do so, but you may have to file a police report and/or obtain a court order first.

For future messages you'd like to save, simply send a bcc to yourself - then you can always save that in a different computer file.

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:50 am
@High Seas,
Quote:
did you at any time change your e-mail settings?

Nope. Most of my E Mail does go to the "sent" folder. I looked all over my list of sent mail, switched around the order of them, and still can't find the one that I sent this morning.

Another thing. Although FIOS internet is faster than cable, I find that my E Mails are downloaded very slowly. Cable pulled up E Mails almost instantly. Anybody know why?
High Seas

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 07:02 am
@Phoenix32890,
On your Q1, why didn't you send a bcc to yourself if you really wanted to be sure to have a copy of your outgoing message?

On your Q2, there's an epic battle going on between the various telecom providers, the cable companies and the FCC. Read more:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20012274-266.html
0 Replies