Paganism and the Great Flood.

RexRed

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 09:18 pm
Is paganism the only thing that has ever swept the entire globe (like a flood)?

Was paganism the belief, that, two by two, and the ark, what is paganism?

Is paganism natural or, did it spread in some way?

H2O

What is so bad about paganism?

Many gods derived from nature.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,752 • Replies: 5
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 09:28 pm
Paganism once peacefully covered the entire globe in the far ancient world and now look how the world has changed... Religions fighting...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 07:56 am
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 01:55 pm
I have to say that I bring up paganism just to piss off the fundamentalists i.e. Christians, Jews, Muslims... But as an agnostic I am not a pagan either. Although I do find that pagans were somehow connected to a reverence for the earth which is a good virtue to me. As an agnostic I just don't know. Until the powers that be demonstrate to me something concrete (yes concrete is the word). Not just a leaf falling off a tree and then me saying that is my answer there is a god because that leaf was a sign.. poppycock! Well I just don't believe in a god or gods anymore.

As for Jesus, I do like the idea of loving our enemies and my neighbors too but to me that is just common sense. That does not mean that all the rest of the stuff in the new testament is true... I do find empathy when an innocent man is put to death. In that respect there are some good things to learn from Jesus but that does not make these claims of divinity true. What of all the innocent homosexuals who were gassed by Hitler does that make them gods too? They never even had a book written about them and their name of names will never ever even be remembered...
0 Replies

annis

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 11:02 am
Happy Samhain to those of the old religion so may it be, blessed it be X
RexRed

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 02:49 am
@annis,
annis wrote:

Happy Samhain to those of the old religion so may it be, blessed it be X

Happy Samhain to you Annis, may it be a bountiful time of abundant harvest and benevolent reverence for the earth and its inhabitants. I do respect the idea that if we are not stewards of that which we can see what makes any claim believable that one reverences the unseen. Smile
0 Replies