Punching Power

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2010 07:52 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR9ty29k6ZE&NR=1

Good video for POM and others who don't believe in firearms....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 701 • Replies: 8
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 09:58 pm
Worth watching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78hdxpRfws

I mean, take notes. Next time you need to really beat the **** out of somebody, this is how it's done....
Fido

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:12 pm
@gungasnake,
What exactly would belief in firearms have to do with anything??? Aren't firearms a proven fact???
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 28 Sep, 2010 10:23 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Worth watching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R78hdxpRfws

I mean, take notes. Next time you need to really beat the **** out of somebody, this is how it's done....

We did a little sparing in Moi tai last night... The head instructor stopped me boxing with a young guy and told me to work on some kicks... Shortly after the kid caught me square in the nose... I forgot how good that feels, and it felt good with my nose a little swelled up with an infection...Though I did not know it at the time, I had caught the kid in the nuts with a kick; so both of us had had enough for the evening... I have to remember to keep covered up, but when the main man kicks me or hammers me with his staff, I can take it... He can give me a roundhouse to the mid section or a straight on kick and it bounces off me... Again sir! Thank you Sir! Not bad, I think, for 57... You think I look Vic... Think again...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 05:42 am
The thing I posted last night is the first real analysis of Louis' fighting style I've ever seen.

Mohammed Ali might have been the greatest pure athlete ever to earn his living as a heavyweight boxer; but there have been better athletes in the lighter weight divisions and until somebody holds the heavyweight title for 13 years (Louis held it for 12), Joe Louis remains the greatest heavyweight prizefighter of all time.
Fido

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 08:30 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

The thing I posted last night is the first real analysis of Louis' fighting style I've ever seen.

Mohammed Ali might have been the greatest pure athlete ever to earn his living as a heavyweight boxer; but there have been better athletes in the lighter weight divisions and until somebody holds the heavyweight title for 13 years (Louis held it for 12), Joe Louis remains the greatest heavyweight prizefighter of all time.

Hate to rag on a Michigan man, but there are plenty, including Ali who would have had him for breakfast...
gungasnake

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 09:43 am
@Fido,
Opinions on that one will differ. I'd give Ali about seven or eight rounds in the ring with Louis, no more. They'd carry Ali out in a wheelbarrow.
Fido

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2010 11:44 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Opinions on that one will differ. I'd give Ali about seven or eight rounds in the ring with Louis, no more. They'd carry Ali out in a wheelbarrow.

I think I have seen spatula snakes in a road with more sense than you... Ali in his prime was so much better than Lewis... I think athletics across the board has improved, and in part because of competition with Blacks and Hispanics... There were not people of his caliber in the ring... Now there are lots... You know, I work on my boxing at the Y with a good coach, and have learned a lot, and I personally beat the crap out of a few people... We have some guys who have done well in mma, but I hate that stuff, and I cannot do justice to this thread...I have met too many brains beat out boxers... It is terrible what those hits would do to people... All we are is in our minds... Why subject your head to that sort of punishment for little gain???

It is like the old saying: Don't lose your head to save a minute- you need your head, your brains are in it...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2010 11:32 pm
Then again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XsRJdj8jbc

Mostly poleaxing people with punches which never traveled terribly far, one uppercut just a bit past the middle of the video which you'd have to see to believe.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Punching Power
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 01:43:05