All Time Greatest MC

dahe24

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 10:04 pm
I watched the Mtv show 22 Greatest Mc's and was wondering what you guys thought. Here's my Favorite:

1. Biggie Aka Nototrious Big Smalls- For years I've simply been very interested in all of his work and although he may not have been a model citizen I very much enjoy running or taking a bath while listening to Biggie tell me about his life and backgound. All time favorite song: Who Shot Ya. Too bad we had too lose this guy. RIP Christopher Wallace. Why have the murders of Biggie and Pac still gone under the rug after these years. Where is our justice system?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,460 • Replies: 8
No top replies

eoe

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 10:41 pm
I was never quite sure what an MC is. Master-something, right?
0 Replies

dahe24

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 05:43 am
It means master of ceremonies I think. Can't remeber exactly.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2003 11:08 am
I think MC means something else in rapland.
0 Replies

illmatic

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 04:37 pm
Re: All Time Greatest MC
dahe24 wrote:
I watched the Mtv show 22 Greatest Mc's and was wondering what you guys thought.

All time favorite song: Who Shot Ya. Too bad we had too lose this guy. RIP Christopher Wallace. Why have the murders of Biggie and Pac still gone under the rug after these years. Where is our justice system?

MC stands for Master of Ceremony.

I think its ironic how people still talk about the murder of 2Pac and Biggie Smalls but how quickly people forget the mysterious killing of an even bigger pioneer of hip hop, Jam Master Jay of Run DMC.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:18 pm
In my opinion the best MC is Chuck D
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 08:42 pm
Ice Cube.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 09:15 pm
Master of Ceremonies??? Forgive me for being so dense but I don't get that at all. I'm guessing that the lead artist considers him/herself to be the Master of Ceremonies but what is the ceremony? The performance? The rap? What?
Please help an old girl understand...
0 Replies

illmatic

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 02:21 pm
eoe wrote:
Master of Ceremonies??? Forgive me for being so dense but I don't get that at all. I'm guessing that the lead artist considers him/herself to be the Master of Ceremonies but what is the ceremony? The performance? The rap? What?
Please help an old girl understand...

An emcee is a performer. If you can't rock a live show than you're not an emcee. Thats where the master of ceremony part comes in. The emcee has to perform the live act and interact with the crowd. He/she has to amp the people. Its all about hype. Your lyrics can be garbage but if you have an ill delivery then the people who came to see you will leave with some satisfaction.

What a lot of people don't understand is that its NOT all about the lyrics. You have to be able to deliver the lyrics. Its not easy to spit 3 verses AND the hook (that means chorus) 3 times and then go on to the next track and do it again. Breath control ain't easy. Verstehen Sie?
0 Replies