The Official a2k Blackout and Power Outage Sufferers Society

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 01:20 pm
I'm now instituting this thread as the Official a2k Blackout and Power Outage Sufferers Society thread.

Its 15:19 on a sunny Sunday at 92 degrees. Presently, most of my apartment is without electricity as the fuse box in the basement has tripped (probably due to a system wide brown out of sorts). But before I turn my battery powered laptop and move to the slightly cooler kitchen where at least the fridge is working, I decided to create this necessary a2k institution for further social and electrical emergencies.

Please feel free to visit and mope if you too are under the scourge of a local or regional or larger apocalyptical power outage.

If I don't come back again! Avenge my death and defeat the monster of ConED!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,524 • Replies: 7
No top replies

hamburgboy

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 01:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
the fridge is working

so you have a separate power supply for your fridge ?

we had a pretty severe thunderstorm with strong winds , rain and hail saturday afternoon - power knocked out for a couple of hours .
a tree fell on a feeder line coming into the local utility .
djjd62

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 01:34 pm
@hamburgboy,
after the ice storm, you guys can do a few hours standing on your head (or were you one of the lucky ones who weren't affected?)
jespah

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 03:54 pm
@djjd62,
Here, you may need these: http://www.beehivekitchenware.com/products/CAN-LARGE.jpg
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 03:57 pm
@hamburgboy,
Quote:
Quote:
the fridge is working
so you have a separate power supply for your fridge ?
sounds like a phase-out...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 04:02 pm
@hamburgboy,
Just a brown out with a tripped fuse. We couldn't access the fuse box because some silly goose had locked the cellar door.

It's back on now. So everyone can now resume living and everything.

Everyone please move on! Nothing to see here....
Cool
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 04:14 pm
@jespah,
we're pretty good where we are, but up hamburgboys way a few years back the got hit with a massive ice storm that knocked out power for about a week in some areas
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2011 06:06 pm
I wonder how many people in New England and upstate New York still don't have electricity because of the weekend snowstorm.
I dedicate the following webcomic to them... If they can manage to get a solar panel or a gas powered electric generator to power their laptops to see this thread....
http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2046
0 Replies