ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 11:06 pm
@ossobuco,
I suppose she said it better -

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/18/opinion/18dowd.html?_r=1&hp
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 11:17 pm
Maybe it's time for Catholics to get together and excommunicate the pope.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 11:36 pm
Actually, those "grave crimes" in the Code of Canon Law are all a bit ... well, surprising.

If you submit such a "grave crime", the penalty is latae sententiae, which may be either (automatically!) may be either one of excommunication, interdict, or suspension. Such happens e.g. which abortion as well ...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 11:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
Or maybe the rest of us. Catholics have seemed to me lame on that.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 12:07 am
Quite a few women priests here within the anglican and the uniting (Methodist/presbyterian) churches. Many male and female priests within those denomintions are married and have children.

I'm struggling to think of a sexual abuse case involving either of those denominations.

No women priests within the catholic church in Australia. No married priests either.
Sexual abuse involving the catholic church? You betcha.

Join the dots Mr Pope.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 12:13 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

It seems eminently sensible to me and it must be so because you don't see any priests that are women, do you? If God had wanted women to be priests, would there not be some?

Bridget Mary Meehan is one of five American women ordained bishops as part of a Catholic reform initiative called the Roman Catholic Womenpriests. She became a womanbishop in 2009 and serves in Florida and Virginia.
The idea that women seeking to spread the message of God somehow defiles the Eucharist reveals an antiquated, backward church that still views women as unclean and unholy," said Erin Saiz Hanna, executive director of the Women's Ordination Conference, a U.S.-based organization that works to ordain women as priests, deacons and bishops.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 12:35 am
@dadpad,
That's news to me. Bless her.

Alas, I still see here as benighted, but that's me.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 06:03 am
I remember when an American woman was canonized, and I believe it to have been Mother Elizabeth Seton, the Pope proclaimed, "America, embrace your daughter."

So, we are supposed to embrace women who achieve saintliness but not allow them to become priests?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 06:39 am
I oughtn't to call him the 'Poop', but I am tempted that way.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 10:32 am
This has me almost sputtering with amazement. I thought the Catholic Church was a crock before this.....This latest move on women clergy borders on schizophrenic behavior.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 03:22 pm
@dadpad,
Quote:
Bridget Mary Meehan is one of five American women ordained bishops as part of a Catholic reform initiative called the Roman Catholic Womenpriests. She became a womanbishop in 2009 and serves in Florida and Virginia.

Oh yeah, like that's gonna work. It's like those upstart Negroes who figured that sitting at a Woolworth's lunch counter was going to change anything. Nobody went to a Woolworth's lunch counter.

Or that silly woman, what's her name? yeah, people really cared if you took a seat away on a bus from a piece of white trash.

Quote:
The idea that women seeking to spread the message of God somehow defiles the Eucharist reveals an antiquated, backward church that still views women as unclean and unholy," said Erin Saiz Hanna, executive director of the Women's Ordination Conference, a U.S.-based organization that works to ordain women as priests, deacons and bishops.

They can do their spreading as nuns. They don't have to aspire to roles that they are unsuited for. Next thing you know, they'll be wanting to hear about me boinking Rosemary or getting drunk or cussing. When will this insanity end?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:05:46