Simply stunning... This photo leaves me in awe.

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 12:22 pm
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2218/simplystunning.jpg
This is simply stunning. Day 2 of the 135 mile ultra-marathon, from Badwater (Death Valley) over a mile up a mountain. Anyone else having a challenging week?

Diane

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 01:32 am
@OCCOM BILL,
Bill, yes it's stunning and awesome, so much so that I'm gasping for breath.

Is this taking place now, in this heat? If so, the awesomeness is beyond comprehension.

Beautiful is an understatement.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:21 pm
@Diane,
This shot was taken earlier this week. A girl I went to school with is a past 1st and 3rd place winner, and ongoing organizer/leader of the medical team... and she posted a link to a whole series of Escobar's photo coverage of the event. Follow the link on my facebook page. That guy knows how to work a camera.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:36 pm
@Diane,
In a recent update, she said some lunatic named Danny Westergaard finished the 135 mile marathon, then finished summiting Mount Whitney Shocked and is now in the process of doubling back on foot to the Badwater basin. Shocked That is as impossible as that photo of Amy Palmiero Winters above, isn't it? Google her, by the way. She's quite inspiring.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 09:56 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Sorry if my original caption was misleading. Results were just posted, and Amy didn't finish this race. She is still my new hero for trying though!
aidan

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 10:11 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
For me, she (in this photo) embodies 'courage'.

What's laudable is that she even had the courage or spirit to begin the race.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 02:00 am
@OCCOM BILL,
It's actually technically fascinating looking at the type of leg that has been manufactured.

The stump's always the weak point...as you can see from the photo.

That's why that cat with the new legs formed by becoming part of the bone matrix were so interesting (as well as being very happy for the cat!!!).
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 12:40 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

In a recent update, she said some lunatic named Danny Westergaard finished the 135 mile marathon, then finished summiting Mount Whitney Shocked and is now in the process of doubling back on foot to the Badwater basin. Shocked That is as impossible as that photo of Amy Palmiero Winters above, isn't it? Google her, by the way. She's quite inspiring.
Just saw an update that about knocked me down. Apparently, when Danny Westergaard got back to the Badwater basin; he still felt pretty strong... so he decided to triple back to Mount Whitney. When he got there; he thought why not summit for a second time? Apparently, he still felt pretty good, because then he ran all the way back to Badwater again! This man isn't human. He is currently running back to Mount Whitney, again. Shocked 600+ miles and two summits, so far. Where will he stop?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Simply stunning... This photo leaves me in awe.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:18:14