How much is the duty on imported chicken from China to the UK

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 07:00 am
I am starting out in a new business. I want to import cooked chicken from China in the UK and I need to know how much the duty is. I have checked many government web sites and can't find the actual price to be paid, can anyone tell me
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,404 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Fowa

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 09:29 am
@joehenson,
Hello, I check the customs web, the duty is 13%. sometimes, there is a little adjustment in export duty. If you have any question pls contact me email : [email protected]
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 09:47 am
why would you want to import chickens from china??? everything they make is crap or illegal or both.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 09:57 am
@Mame,
Agreed, China is so polluted that everything grown there is contaminated with factory waste, human waste and coal residue. You can drive through miles and miles of countryside and all you see are fields covered in coal dust and people spitting out dark salvia because they have to spit out what they are breathing in. The polluted waterways are open sewers and it's the same water they irrigate with. They pretend to have regulations, but inspectors are easily bought off with a little money. There was a story a few years ago about steamed buns that contained mashed cardboard, and of course the tainted milk and pet food products. I would not eat any food stuffs imported in from China.
Mame

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:17 am
@Green Witch,
If it says "Made in China" that means it's going to fall apart and that it was likely made with inferior products (name it), illegal products (lead paint) or stuffed with **** that doesn't belong there in the first place (baby formula)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2010 10:18 am
@joehenson,
what's the name of your company, joe?
0 Replies

stinirene

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2010 09:46 pm
China is a great market, full of opportunities and challenge. millons of people making good porfit from its lower cost and good qualty, if you find a reliable supplier. if you worry about the pollution or else, you can ask a third party take a factory auditing to your supplier,or inspecting the whole processing quality control.
0 Replies