cultivation of corn...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2010 02:33 pm
What we eat.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 9 Jul, 2010 01:03 am
The same technology that has marked the history of the last thousand years, has it make life on earth better or worse? Has technology hastened our end on earth or will it provide a solution to the future of human kind.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:54 pm
Sometime I start a thread and I get so overwhelmed by the topic that I forget what it was all about. When I get done counting I may remember what I started counting in the first place.

Was I thinking about religion when I started this discussion? Was I thinking about the earth and technology?

Was I thinking about society and how it has changed to be come so interconnected to information?

In a hundred years it is possible it learn a few thousand years of human history.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 03:59 pm
@RexRed,
Pizza, art, great literature and fiction, and movies.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 04:54 pm
Hmmm... first we have to decide if we are indeed great?
RexRed

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2010 06:45 pm
@littlek,
True, there is great and then then there is GREAT! Smile
RexRed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 08:12 am
I think space flight puts us in the category of GREAT! I think America having a black President puts us in the category of GREAT!

I think many of the liberal universities across the USA puts us in the category of GREAT! As many of the conservative universities show that we can still be baboons.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 08:37 am
Cleopatra was GREAT! William Shakespeare was GREAT! The Beetles were GREAT! The fight for liberty has been GREAT! The atomic bomb is GREAT! Gandhi was GREAT! Joan of Arch was GREAT!

Gertrude Lawrence was GREAT! It seems so much greatness that we can know of this greatness all in one mind that information has populated the collective consciousness of the world, it has copied itself, replicated and proliferated the minds of today's thinkers. The online historical resources are now so thorough and comprehensive. Archaeology every day is filling in huge gaps of the past.

So the greatness of greatness or the rate of greatness per capita of thought is like a "great cloud of witness" to the future.

The ancient Greeks and Persians were GREAT! China and Russia are GREAT!

The ascent of human kind has been GREAT!

We are encompassed by greatness on all four winds, that the heavens have opened and God is speaking directly through us, and what is God saying?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 01:59 pm
@RexRed,
We also are killing our own habitat and have beaten many species into extinction.
RexRed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2010 03:32 pm
@littlek,
You would think that "God" would have more to say about us causing these extinctions but many animals have become extinct without the help of humans in the past. That is not a justification nor is it rationalization, but, where was God then? It seems the moment we touch God, we ourselves disappear.
0 Replies

55hikky

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 01:35 am
well, if we have a greater, we can great cheese..
i'm sure we can great ourselves if we wanted to.
the will to great ourselves, that's what makes us great.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 26 Sep, 2010 04:54 pm
Marion Woodman

I am liking this lady a lot.

http://vimeo.com/5127668
http://vimeo.com/5127493
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 02:14 pm
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101210/sc_livescience/lostcivilizationmayhaveexistedbeneaththepersiangulf
0 Replies