Blizzard Forum Says You Must Use Real Names ...

Thomas

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 10:14 am
@dlowan,
... and in the end, the post is totally gone, and only the rating remains ... Lewis Carroll would have been so proud!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2015 11:26 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
For others, though, what say you about this mass required outing? And is there any way in hell it could possibly be enforced?

How'd I miss this thread back in 2010?

Not using your real name and address on your Blizzard account is dangerous because hackers are always trying to steal your account. If you get hacked, you will need to present legal proof that you are the person whose name is on the account before they will return control over your account back to you.

Anyway, as already noted in the thread, Blizzard subsequently backed down on this "real name" thing, but what likely would have happened is that most people would have refused to post on their messageboards.

I've played WoW from late vanilla until today (with the exception of Pandaria, which wouldn't install over the dialup connection that I had at the time), and I've never posted anything on their messageboards even anonymously.
0 Replies