Save the Date: event calendar page

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 08:48 am
Use this thread for an easy reference calendar and bragging guide for future concerts, plays, sporting events, etc... that you plan on attending but don't want to forget about and let pass by when the week and day of the event sneaks up on you and your sad sack memory.

~
I'll go first:
05 AUG. 2010

Quote:
The [Paul Taylor Dance] Company returns to New York for a free performance on the same program with Taylor 2 on August 5 at Damrosch Park, as part of the Lincoln Center Out Of Doors Festival. At 7:30pm Taylor 2 will open with 3 Epitaphs followed by Esplanade, with live music performed by the Asphalt Orchestra. PTDC will then perform Airs, Syzygy and Company B. The evening will mark two milestones: the final Taylor performance by Julie Tice and Orion Duckstein, and the first Taylor 2 performance by its newest members, Alana Allende and Hank Bamberger. Taylor 2 will then give a free performance on the same bill with Naganuma Dance at 7pm on August 13 at the East River Amphitheater. The Amphitheater is adjacent to the East River a couple of blocks south of Grand Street, and the performance is sponsored by the City Parks Foundation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 5,085 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 05:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
Very Happy Wouldn't just be easier to make a note on a physical calendar hanging on your wall? Question

That way, that note is always visible. Wink
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 05:52 pm
@Reyn,
Umm... you make an excellent point Reyn. I just might as well make that idea into a reality. Wow. What a refreshing idea! Very Happy

Laughing
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 06:15 pm
Yeah, but then I can't hear him bragging! It is the bragging that I'm interested in.

http://www.yunasville.com/img/Fabulous/braggingcat.jpg
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 06:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
My goodness, do I detect some hostility here or am I reading something into it that isn't there?

Anyway, a vey important date is the bunny's arrival in New Yawk. Actually, I can't remember the exact date Embarrassed but I promise it is important and not to be missed.

The woman is traveling half way around the world, going to Europe then the US. To this old woman, that is more than exciting and the very thought is also tiring. I honestly don't know if I could handle that much traveling anymore.

Tsarstepan, The Paul Taylor Dance Co is so exciting. I've never seen anything like that in a big city. If you remember!, please come back to tell us all about it. Your reminder will be right here so there should be plenty of friends to remind you, which is what makes this such a good idea.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 06:57 pm
@Diane,
Diane, this thread is a benign as moss on a stationary stone. Very Happy

I'll gladly accept cultural event and restaurant ideas that I can share with the bunny when she arrives this October.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 09:04 am
Note to self:

Aug 2-Lunch with Michael Steele -urging him not to resign from GOP helm.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 09:17 am
@panzade,
Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart are counting on you to convince Michael Steele to stay on the job.

He's an unintentional laugh riot in his current position but don't tell him that unless you think it'll make him keep his position.
panzade

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 09:21 am
@tsarstepan,
Thanks buddy. I'm a little nervous about the lunch.
What kind of wine does one order? Maybe I should make it like a Gates thing and order beer?
djjd62

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:25 am
not going, but damn i'd like to

Guided by Voices reunion, Superchunk reunion, Pavement reunion
http://www.matadorrecords.com/matablog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/matadorposter5.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:38 am
@panzade,
The common man drinks beer (allegedly). I can't stand beer and I'm an openly bleeding heart liberal so perhaps you should openly spurn anything I say from here on in or the GOP bouncers just might get suspicious of you and your luncheon based intentions.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:39 am
@djjd62,
Djjd... I believe that's in conflict with the Bunny Invades the USA 2010 tour!
djjd62

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:40 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
I can't stand beer

Shocked
Crying or Very sad
Drunk
djjd62

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:42 am
@tsarstepan,
Shocked
the bunny is joining the Guided by Voices reunion

Cool
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:42 am
@djjd62,
I think I'm a liberal cultural elitist who can't afford the elitist wine and cheese lifestyle.
djjd62

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:46 am
@tsarstepan,
i prefer premium beer if that helps, one a french beer brewed by trapist monks comes in a wine like bottle (and goes really well with cheese)

http://www.chimay.com/
http://www.artisanbeers.co.uk/shop/catalog/images/chimay_blue.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:47 am
@djjd62,
If I run across a bottle, I promise to give one a try.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:51 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I think I'm a liberal cultural elitist who can't afford the elitist wine and cheese lifestyle.

C'mon, tsar, you just need to know all the right places to seek out those hidden treasures the elitists find:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/professional_etiquette_picking_nose.jpg

For instance, if it is one of those fancy cork removers you yearn for, check out this bottle opener:

http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/images/redneck_beer_opener.jpg

And if it is an under-counter wine refrigerator you lack, just install a couple of these and you'll be all set:

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_sep2008/RedneckWineRack.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 10:54 am
@djjd62,
That's because it tastes like yeasty bread.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 12:12 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i prefer premium beer if that helps, one a french beer brewed by trapist monks comes in a wine like bottle (and goes really well with cheese)

I just read that as "Rapist monks" three times before I saw the t. Kept sayin' to meself... "Rapist monks? What the heck?"