What are you listening to right now?

djjd62

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:46 pm
the great ron bennington interviewing eric burdon
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 09:13 pm
A thousand times better than the New York Dolls, and yet never, ever mentioned. Shame. This is the kind of band I wanna play drums behind.

0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 11:33 pm
I'm all about the glam tonight.

0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 01:31 pm
Pop Life-Prince
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:05 pm

yes ~ long distance runaround...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 08:07 pm
Big Star
Gargamel

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 09:32 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

Big Star

Yep.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 08:05 pm
@littlek,
Shame that the national news only stated that he was part of the Boxtops. Big Star was so much more than that.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 09:54 pm
Guy explaining how a B-bender works

0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 12:52 am
Peter and the Wolf. I remember listening to this at age 3 in Flushing, Queens, at home, and being entranced with the music.

0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 01:28 am
This French beauty came out in 66'. I was 9. Dad saw the movie and bought the soundtrack, no words, just music. A french movie, really good music.

A Man and a Woman is the title

aidan

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 03:21 am
@Philis,
These guys can play:
Philis

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:18 am
@aidan,
OK, I did listen to them. The singer has a good voice. But they are country and he has that country (((((twang))))) and well I would never download or purchase them and I would change the radio station. sorry. 2 Cents

Where do you live?
aidan

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:35 am
@Philis,
I live in England, but I was born in Texas and grew up in New Jersey. I used to be embarrassed to admit it to my Stones/Doors/Who loving friends in suburban New Jersey, and I used to pretend to my mom and dad that I hated our yearly half-way point stop at Nashville and the Grand Old Oprey every year on our way to visit the 'kinfolk' in Texas - but fact is - I do love certain country music. I love the instrumentation and the energy of some of country especially bluegrass, gospel and mountain music. I cannot deny it.
But I like literally something of every single kind of music there is - except techno.
I love to sing so if it's got an identifiable melody - and decent instrumentation - I like it.
My daughter even got me liking this song from Twilight (I don't know what you'd call the genre): what I like here are the vocals, bass and violin. (Your signature reminded me of it - this song would be a good illustration for your signature).
Philis

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 05:13 am
@aidan,
I listened.
I like some of Shania Twain. I especially love this video I posted. I think of myself when I listen and watch. I even have a bracelet of abalone like in this video.

Texas huh, what part:?: From TX to England. I hope you are OK with that kind of transition in your life.
I was born in Queens, NY and now live in OK. I lived on the east coast all my life near the ocean but am landlocked now.
I have two opposite sides to me. Mom was a southern bell and dad was from Brooklyn. We would go to Georgia every summer to visit the southern relatives and my cousins there had ((strong)) southern accents and yes mam', no mam' manners.
I love to sing also but lack a good voice.

My signature is from Sea Level, have a listen. You'll like it Cool {lousy video}

aidan

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:52 am
@Philis,
I do like it. Thanks for introducing me to it.

I was born in San Antonio. But I only lived there a year before my dad was transferred up to the NYC office - so any transition I made was more from NJ than from Texas. I had the same sort of experience you did though - in fact my mother taught us to say, 'Yes sir, and yes ma'am' to the teachers at school (in NJ ) and my big brother got in trouble because they thought he was being sarcastic... Laughing Laughing .

I learned to talk in NJ so I didn't have that accent or any of those southern speech habits to contend with although every time my friends would call me and my mother would answer the phone they'd put on this cornpone accent and make fun of my name 'Rebecca Jean'... and whenever I'd come home from Texas and talk about my uncles Bennie Mac and Happy and Aunt Ida Belle - they'd say - 'You're making those names up.' I really wasn't.
My mom was born in Oklahoma City. Where do you live in Oklahoma?

I love England - I stepped off the plane and felt like I'd found my second home so it's been an easy and wonderful transition.

(Shania Twain is so pretty - but my son has always liked her more than I have). He's like me - he'll listen to anything and everything.

Anyway - nice to talk to you Phillis. I'm sure I'll see you around
Philis

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 07:15 am
@aidan,
San Antonio I have heard and seen, looks nice. I have not been to the SW yet and would like to see SA.

I had an Aunt Tilly and Uncle Waldo in Georgia. They were siblings and their house was old with slave quarters still on the property. I remember seeing a chain gang, stripes and all, working on the highway across from granny's house, very rural.

My moms first name was Ida Mae and was never called that, they called her Jean.
(I will send a quiet email of the town I live in.)
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 10:52 am
Philis

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 03:53 am
@TTH,
Listening, This is a dynamite song, brings back memories of travelling across America.
djjd62

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 06:36 am
radio god ron bennington interview macy gray