Fri 2 Jul, 2010 08:31 am
Ancient gods of Egypt and the Norse, respectively, they seem to lurk in the 21st century.

Supposedly, worship of Ra is part of Freemasonry in its highest degrees while white supremacist groups and Scandinavian enthusiasts (one not to be conflated with the other) promote a return to the worship of Odin and his son Thor. In fact, Thor's Mjöllnir or hammer is sold on leather thongs and silver chains in Scandinavian gift shops and worn by men from both groups of Norse god revivalists.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,415 • Replies: 17
Topic Closed
No top replies

xris

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:29 am
@plainoldme,
Nothing wrong with bringing back the old gods. The christians demonised and killed the old gods together with many of their priests. Our sacred places stolen by the Christians should be returned to us Pagans. I think you will find many Freemasons devout Christians. They just cant help stealing the old gods and abusing their image.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:47 am
I love Old Gods. They seem so much more trustworthy then the newer ones. I think Xris is right and holy places should be restored to their Gods and their worship. Well used thes places mean something. Can you imagine a restored acropolis in Athens ? I think it can be done, keeping the original parts distinguishable of course.
rosborne979

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:51 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:
I love Old Gods. They seem so much more trustworthy then the newer ones. I think Xris is right and holy places should be restored to their Gods and their worship. Well used thes places mean something. Can you imagine a restored acropolis in Athens ? I think it can be done, keeping the original parts distinguishable of course.

That's a great idea. And I think the Gods should be responsible for the restoration of their own temples. It should only take them a second or two to accomplish. Once they are restored people will flock to them.
xris

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:05 am
The church of England might object to me taking back an old oak grove or a standing stone thats part of the fabric of a village church. The church had might on its side when they stole our sacred places. Don't mock the old spirits, they may just be on the return.Registered Pagans are creeping up on christian numbers. Once you heard the church bells now its Pans pipes that echo through the valleys.
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:27 am
Yeah and Homo sapiens should give back the sacred lands of the Neanderthals! I hear the really really old Gods are making a comeback too. I mean what was it with those pesky sapiens all taking over Neander (you can't call us that, only we can call us that) sacred land and co-opting our Gods.
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 01:25 pm
@rosborne979,
Another great idea is to restore the temple of Hera on Samos, Greece. Once we bribed of the officials for the buiding permits we ask for money to the general public. No presents on Mothersday but tribute to the Mother God.

Samos hè, hè... a2+b2 Not Equal c2
0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:10 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
The Acropolis is being restored.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Fri 2 Jul, 2010 10:11 pm
Have any of you spoken with a white supremacist about the worship of Odin?
Pepijn Sweep

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 01:02 am
@plainoldme,
Nope... I find them wearing a Hammer around their Neck ? I suppose they are without color themselves ?
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Sat 3 Jul, 2010 04:35 pm
Thor's Hammer Doggie Tee @ Aryanwear.com
http://aryanwear.com/images/thors-hammer-dog-shirt.jpg
I grew up near enough to the Aryan Nations Compound when it was still in Idaho. These types of things concerning Norse and Celtic symbols were not uncommon
0 Replies

GoshisDead

Sun 4 Jul, 2010 01:31 pm
so white supremacist pit bull, is a thread stopper? No talk about them adopting the symbols from perceived white warrior cultures?
Pepijn Sweep

Sun 4 Jul, 2010 01:41 pm
@GoshisDead,
Confused
Be good doggie, be good...
0 Replies

plainoldme

Sun 4 Jul, 2010 07:30 pm
@GoshisDead,
No, the pit bull isn't a stopper. I thought he was rather cute.

I have continued listening sessions . . .you can't call them conversations when you are just listening and can not get a word in edgewise . . . with someone who talks about Masons, Whitey Bulger and the Winter Hill Gang, funding the Winter Hill Gang's activities with gay prostitution, drug trade, etc., on a semi-annual basis.

I used to work with a white supremacist who continually ran on at the mouth about the worship of Odin and about a white supremacist cell in Hawaii that conducted survivalist training and funded itself selling illegal drugs.

Ancient gods? Illegal drugs? Secret fringe societies? Thought I would bring these random thoughts to the experts on most things.
Pepijn Sweep

Sun 4 Jul, 2010 11:24 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Ancient gods? Illegal drugs? Secret fringe societies? Thought I would bring these random thoughts to the experts on most things.

Reminds me much about the business-school I went to long ago...

Nationalistic, adoring Mammon and Royalty, fraternities and rugby. The idea of "mixing" the student body led to the acceptence of women who played rugby once a year and we would all crack up, get drunk and cheer for the ladies (some Ladies) covered in mud... Drunk
plainoldme

Mon 5 Jul, 2010 08:40 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Wasn't mud wrestling a sort of night club entertainment in the 80s?
Pepijn Sweep

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 12:08 am
@plainoldme,
Nothing wrong with growing up in the 80's. I studied a math exam in a disco, learned colloquial Spanish on vacation and lots more.

I also learned the advantages tof having seperate bedrooms, pass exams without really understanding things, how to rebel to School management and more interesting things.

I never grew fond of Mammon and spend all my income on having fun Drunk . It's 2010 now, paid my bills 2 Cents and find the present world interesting again. How to survive a financial crisis ? Look at your morals Rolling Eyes , you can't want to have it all people !
Cool
0 Replies

plainoldme

Wed 7 Jul, 2010 08:50 am
BTW, Thomas Paine wrote "An Essay on the Origin of Free-Masonry," in which he, Deist that he was, represents Christian religion as a parody of sun god worship. Well, there was a whole school of anthropology that saw sun worship everywhere. It probably was. To Paine, Christ assumed the role of sun god.
0 Replies