Bind, Torture, Kill. The inside story of the Serial Killer next door.

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 11:32 pm
I own many books on serial killers, and other real-life criminal cases.

Having recently read BTK by Roy Wenzl, Tim Potter, L. Kelly and Hurst Laviana I can say it is around the middle of the road.

At some points it was very engaging, and it was written in such a way that you could almost feel what it was like to be Dennis, as he carried out one of his "projects".

There were other sections, however, that I found boring and lengthy. There was a lot of bias against Dennis and favour towards society and the pig-thugs who caught Dennis. I would have written the book in a more neutral manner, to be fair to both sides.

The last chapters of the book that deal with the interview and imprisonment of Rader were very enjoyable, and not because of any negativity against Dennis. Those chapters were informative and fascinating. Dennis stole the show.

Page 330 does show what is perhaps My personal favourite picture of Dennis Rader, and I have many of those. I spend a large deal of time with each picture, studying it, looking into the eyes, memorizing the features. I include a link below :

Victim Dennis : File:Dennis Rader.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can recommend this book for those intrested in Forbidden Truth, serial killers, or the individual case. It may not be the best Dennis Rader story on the market, but it worth a read.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,220 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Whip

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 04:00 pm
@Seer Travis Truman,
Seer Travis Truman;67824 wrote:
I own many books on serial killers, and other real-life criminal cases.

Having recently read BTK by Roy Wenzl, Tim Potter, L. Kelly and Hurst Laviana I can say it is around the middle of the road.

At some points it was very engaging, and it was written in such a way that you could almost feel what it was like to be Dennis, as he carried out one of his "projects".

There were other sections, however, that I found boring and lengthy. There was a lot of bias against Dennis and favour towards society and the pig-thugs who caught Dennis. I would have written the book in a more neutral manner, to be fair to both sides.

The last chapters of the book that deal with the interview and imprisonment of Rader were very enjoyable, and not because of any negativity against Dennis. Those chapters were informative and fascinating. Dennis stole the show.

Page 330 does show what is perhaps My personal favourite picture of Dennis Rader, and I have many of those. I spend a large deal of time with each picture, studying it, looking into the eyes, memorizing the features. I include a link below :

Victim Dennis : File:Dennis Rader.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can recommend this book for those intrested in Forbidden Truth, serial killers, or the individual case. It may not be the best Dennis Rader story on the market, but it worth a read.

You sound like one messed up puppy; your fascination is perverse.

The "pig-thugs" who caught Dennis probably saved a few lives. I do not like "pig-thugs", but I like Dennis less. Go figure.
0 Replies