Carico and Christianity

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 05:03 am
it is my opinion that the christians so religiously defend their faith because their "bible" gives them an excuse to believe they are better than everyone else.. similar to the jews believing themselves to be the "chosen"..the "christians" are now the "chosen".. therefore.. standing in judgement of anyone that disagrees with them.. is justified.. regardless of their bible stating "judge not lest ye be judged".Wink

is it not human nature to desire to be better than the next? so why then would the bible fan the flame of such a basic human characteristic.. when humanity is inherently bad.. thus saith their "god"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,083 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Carico

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 06:30 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;66690 wrote:
it is my opinion that the christians so religiously defend their faith because their "bible" gives them an excuse to believe they are better than everyone else.. similar to the jews believing themselves to be the "chosen"..the "christians" are now the "chosen".. therefore.. standing in judgement of anyone that disagrees with them.. is justified.. regardless of their bible stating "judge not lest ye be judged".Wink

is it not human nature to desire to be better than the next? so why then would the bible fan the flame of such a basic human characteristic.. when humanity is inherently bad.. thus saith their "god"

Actually it's the exact opposite. We Christians admit we're evil and indulge in sin. Atheists cannot do that so they justify or deny they sin and call themselves good.

So the only difference between Christians and atheists is that we have admitted we do evil, confessed it as sin and accepted that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross since he died in our place.

Atheists are too arrogant to admit they sin. They also think the know better than Jesus does. Psalm 36:1 explains why:

"There is an oracle in my heart concerning the sinfulness of the wicked, There is no fear of God before his eyes for he flatters himself too much to hate or detect his own sin."

That describes atheists perfectly. So since your comment about Christians is false, then it's nothing but jealousy, pure and simply. Wink So if you're jealous, then admit you sin and accept Christ's atonement for it. But if you deny you sin, then not only can your sins never be taken away throughout all of eternity, it's you who thinks you're better than others. So all you prove is that you never understood Christianity. :rolleyes:
Rabid Ewok

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 08:56 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66700 wrote:
Actually it's the exact opposite. We Christians admit we're evil and indulge in sin. Atheists cannot do that so they justify or deny they sin and call themselves good.

So the only difference between Christians and atheists is that we have admitted we do evil, confessed it as sin and accepted that Jesus paid for our sins on the cross since he died in our place.

The notion that people are born evil, i.e. with a defect, and therefore need to be cured of it, is an immoral teaching. People that don't believe in a God openly admit that some do commit immoral actions, but we don't teach people that they can be absolved of them because a man was tortured to death in ancient Judea.

Quote:
Atheists are too arrogant to admit they sin.

This isn't true. Many nontheists don't admit they sin, because they don't believe there's any such thing. Sin is a transgression against divine law; if there's no divine law, there's no sin.

Quote:
So if you're jealous, then admit you sin and accept Christ's atonement for it.

If Jesus was tortured and nailed to a cross in from of your eyes, but you could prevent it, would you? I put forth that you'd be morally obligated to stop that crucifixion. It would be positively immoral to allow it to happen, because you believe your misdeeds will be washed away.
Carico

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 11:27 pm
@Rabid Ewok,
Rabid Ewok;66743 wrote:
The notion that people are born evil, i.e. with a defect, and therefore need to be cured of it, is an immoral teaching. People that don't believe in a God openly admit that some do commit immoral actions, but we don't teach people that they can be absolved of them because a man was tortured to death in ancient Judea.

This isn't true. Many nontheists don't admit they sin, because they don't believe there's any such thing. Sin is a transgression against divine law; if there's no divine law, there's no sin.

If Jesus was tortured and nailed to a cross in from of your eyes, but you could prevent it, would you? I put forth that you'd be morally obligated to stop that crucifixion. It would be positively immoral to allow it to happen, because you believe your misdeeds will be washed away.

Sorry but you weren't born a sinless god any more than you were born perfect. :rollinglaugh: So I can see your sin even in your writing. So far, deceit and pride are the two biggest.Wink

I'm sure you've also cursed God and others, kept money that could have been given to the poor, eaten food that could have been given to the hungry, envied people's cars, houses, wealth, success, etc. lusted after whatever aroused you, murdered in your heart, and on and on and on. God calls those sins regardless of what you call them and we all have to pay for them.

So you can either accept God's pardon by Christ's death on the cross or pay for your sins in eternity. The choice is yours. Wink
Rabid Ewok

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 12:32 am
@Carico,
Carico;66748 wrote:
Sorry but you weren't born a sinless god any more than you were born perfect.

I know I wasn't born a god. :confused:

And saying people aren't born with sin, because such a thing doesn't exist, isn't the same as saying people are born perfect. You are misconstruing my statement.

Quote:
I'm sure you've also cursed God and others, kept money that could have been given to the poor, eaten food that could have been given to the hungry, envied people's cars, houses, wealth, success, etc. lusted after whatever aroused you, murdered in your heart, and on and on and on. God calls those sins regardless of what you call them and we all have to pay for them.

Assuming there is a God, you have no way of knowing what he fancies any more than a Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, Zoroastrian, etc.

Quote:
So you can either accept God's pardon by Christ's death on the cross or pay for your sins in eternity. The choice is yours. Wink

Don't you find it immoral to threaten someone to eternal punishment and to entice someone with a reward in exchange for worship? It is just as immoral to think that one can kill a man as a scapegoat and receive some atonement.
Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 12:36 am
@Rabid Ewok,
Quote:
And saying people aren't born with sin, because such a thing doesn't exist, isn't the same as saying people are born perfect. You are misconstruing my statement.

Denial again. Wink Psalm 36:1, "There is an oracle in my heart concerning the sinfulness of the wicked; there is no fear of God before his eyes because he flatters himself too much to hate or detect his own sin."

That's you and most atheists. Wink But God knows you sin anyway so you're not fooling Him. Wink So he offered you a free pardon that you can accept or reject. Whether you do so determines on whether you accept that Jesus paid for your sins or whether you want to pay for them yourself through all of eternity. The choice is yours. Wink
Rabid Ewok

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 03:52 am
@Carico,
Carico;66757 wrote:
Denial again. Wink Psalm 36:1, "There is an oracle in my heart concerning the sinfulness of the wicked; there is no fear of God before his eyes because he flatters himself too much to hate or detect his own sin."

That's you and most atheists. Wink But God knows you sin anyway so you're not fooling Him. Wink So he offered you a free pardon that you can accept or reject. Whether you do so determines on whether you accept that Jesus paid for your sins or whether you want to pay for them yourself through all of eternity. The choice is yours. Wink

You're wasting your time telling me to accept Jesus. I denied the holy spirit a long time ago. That's the one unforgivable sin.

I want to say it again, just in case God missed it because he was taking a crap.

I DENY THE HOLY SPIRIT!
Carico

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 06:20 am
@Rabid Ewok,
Rabid Ewok;66773 wrote:
You're wasting your time telling me to accept Jesus. I denied the holy spirit a long time ago. That's the one unforgivable sin.

I want to say it again, just in case God missed it because he was taking a crap.

I DENY THE HOLY SPIRIT!

Yup. Then I guess you're fresh out of luck on judgment day. All the sins you've committed on earth will follow you into the grave. Sorry.
David cv

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 03:30 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66779 wrote:
Yup. Then I guess you're fresh out of luck on judgment day. All the sins you've committed on earth will follow you into the grave. Sorry.

So be a slave to a genocidal, megalomanic, psychopathic, blood-thirsty god with an annoying superiority-complex or live life as I wish free and happy... Choices, choices! :no:
0 Replies

Seer Travis Truman

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 05:43 pm
@Carico,
Carico;66748 wrote:
Sorry but you weren't born a sinless god any more than you were born perfect. :rollinglaugh: So I can see your sin even in your writing........................[SNIP!]...... kept money that could have been given to the poor, eaten food that could have been given to the hungry, envied people's cars, houses, wealth, success, etc......[FLUSH]

I have heard of you, Carico. I never dreamt that you were this bad. You might well be the ultimate in inferiority and Truth-rejection on this entire website.
I will not even attempt to explain anything to you. You are too deranged.

Carico, If you like giving things away so much, perhaps give away your computer and spare us all.
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 12:14 am
@mimidamnit,
hahah.. I CONCUR!!!!
0 Replies

thomascrosthwaite

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 02:49 am
@mimidamnit,
I wish Carico no harm. Perhaps you are advancing society by showing just how crazy some religious people are. So you believe medicine is useless because we all all going to die anyway. Carico the good state of Wisconsin disagrees with you . A "Christian" man and his wife are facing 70 years in prision in a "murder by prayer" criminal case, for praying for their daughter instead of taking her to a doctor. Learning,Speech,&Attention Defects | Man with learning disabilities, communication disorders, ADHD, becomes author
Seer Travis Truman

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 11:29 am
@thomascrosthwaite,
Thomas :

I wish Carico no harm.
Neither do I. Nor to I wish him lack of harm. I am neutral.

Perhaps you is advancing society by showing just how crazy some religious people are.
Me or Carico? I presume you mean Carico. However, the advancement of society would mean MORE religeous derangement.
Human society invented religion and mental derangement. Human society is run on same. All other species of life do not suffer from these things. So, do not look to human society to make it better. Societal leader want to make it worse, because religion and deranging its citizens is how they derive thier power and cathartic revenge.

So you believe medicine is useless because we ale all going to die anyway.
This is obviously a crazy and irrational belief. Society calls this "belief", but it is delusion.

Carico the good state of Wisconsin disagrees with you . A "Christian" man and his wife are facing 70 years in prision in a "murder by prayer" criminal case, for praying for their daughter instead of taking her to a doctor.

They are not responsible, society is. It is important to understand that society is not taking them to court for any legitimate purpose. It's purpose is :
A) To inflict unjust further harm onto its own victim-creation.
B) For society to give you a demon to hate ...to BLAME. This is because society knows it is responsible.

Thier mental derangement (god myth) is promoted by society, as is the current child-ownership system. They are just what society taught them and what experiances they were subjected to.
0 Replies