You May Tsk And Cluck

Piffka

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 10:17 am
There you go... coke instead of coal it is.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 10:19 am
I thought epiffkany came after Christmas.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 10:54 am
what's a polar bear without a coke?

Or are we talking the kind of coke that REALLY picks up your spirits? Twisted Evil :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 11:50 am
Oh no, not again...

Wink
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 01:51 pm
Yes again. I'm sorry, it fits so well. How does that song go? "Snow, snow, snow.... silently falling the snow."

Actually one of my favorite Xmas cards is a snowman being happy to get two pieces of coal. "I can see!" he says.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 02:13 pm
Aw... what an oversentimental but cute idea that that card is.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 03:44 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
I prefer 'population redistribution programme'... although, 'shooting spree' is exactly what we should do.

"Thinning the herd", my favourite.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2003 05:05 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Aw... what an oversentimental but cute idea that that card is.

Schmaltzy, I agree, yet it was perfect for many of our friends (y'know, black sheep deserving of coal) and the snowman looks absolutely delighted. More charming than most cards I see.

I'm not very fond of cards that the dog or cat signs. I forgive my friends who do that, but still....
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:16 pm
I decided today that I would write and apologise for being a bit too cynical in previous posts on this thread....trying to be amusing.
I like Christmas. It's just that I don't feel very christmassy much before the middle of December. I know some folks who start buying presents for people in the summertime. I am just not like that, and don't want to be. OK I may not have a very good selection left in the shops on Xmas Eve, and I may pay more for my gifts because they're late or I may feel a little guilty, but I wouldn't change that...and I haven't had a bad Xmas yet.

And what I wanted to repeat, was the main message, which is Peace on Earth, Goodwill to Mankind. I think we can all sign up to that, no matter our standpoints on other things. It is the season of goodwill, and it's up to us to make our own individual contribution to that. People influence others.

And, Dickens influenced others, many others. Where's my copy of "A Christmas Carol"?

The first time I typed that, it was A Christmas Carlo. Smile Looked funny.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:18 pm
A present for Gautam, perhaps?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:25 pm
Mrs. cav will finally be getting a nice copy of A Christmas Carol this year. While the paperbacks are everywhere, I am going to try to source out an old edition at one of our used bookstores. Hmm, now that McTag is in the not-so-cynical spirit, what am I going to do with all the controversial "Jesus was Jewish, get over it folks" Hallmark cards? Maybe they'll be worth something someday...there will always be eBay.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:29 pm
sozobe wrote:

Gautam is a nice man, always thinking of others. If anyone deserves a present, it's him.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:33 pm
Hey nobody's mentioned Jimmy Stewart in Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life"!

That movie is on our screens every Christmas season....and I still enjoy it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:35 pm
Cav, we had a beautiful hard-bound edition of A Christmas Carol, illustrated by Arthur Rackham. If you can find that, i believe you'll have the best edition available.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:39 pm
Arthur Rackham...A Romance of King Arthur....man, I loved those illustrations. Yes indeed, I shall seek it out, if it's around, or you could sell me yours, heh heh.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 03:40 pm
Oops, just realized Setanta said 'had' a copy....better make some calls then.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2003 05:41 pm
McTag wrote:
The first time I typed that, it was A Christmas Carlo.

Just for the record, if anyone is looking for a creative Christmas gift pour moi, I would luuuuuv a Christmas Carlo. :wink:
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 12:54 pm
Hi Bear, are you feeling any more like enjoying Christmas yet?

Have a bun, and a slice of Christmas pudding.

McT
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 01:53 pm
I feel better...have a week off, we're breaking from tradition and doing prime rib for christmas this year......bought for everyone which gives me pleasure....and I have that general feeling of closure that this season has always instilled in me........

Christmas used to very much be about the birth of Christ to me and the reenforcement of his positive teachings....I have completely lost that along the way somehow and that stabs at me for the last couple of years....I'm aware of it but don't seem able to muster the feelings to do anything about it....that's an underlying bummer but other than that....spike the eggnog and give us a hug folks Cool
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 01:55 am
McTag wrote:
sozobe wrote:

Gautam is a nice man, always thinking of others. If anyone deserves a present, it's him.

Awwwwwwwwww.......<sniff> Thanks mate !!!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 09:32:33