Greetings From The Pacific NW

xexon

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 03:29 am
Hello everyone.

I, am a yogi. I hope to bring this perspective to the forums very soon.

I look forward to meeting you.

x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,014 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Citizen Kane

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 05:39 pm
@xexon,
Welcome yogi...I'm new here myself..:peace:
0 Replies

KatieDns

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 06:05 am
@xexon,
Welcome!
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 10:20 am
@xexon,
xexon;63940 wrote:
Hello everyone.

x

Welcome Smile
xexon

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 11:35 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Thank you.

I've traveled through MI on a couple of occasions over the years. Nice forests. I live in timber country out here. A coastal rainforest environment. Crashing waves on a stormy ocean. And a 9 month rainy season. Smile I love it.

I grew up in Alabama. Raised as a southern baptist. I saw saw holes in that system when I was a child. Leaving the south was probably the best thing I ever did for my spiritual health.

I embraced yogic practices when I was younger. Minus the religious affiliation. It has enabled me to have a point of view not commonly found in the modern world. I have no religion, so I share the path I used to become as I am.

Ultimately, one must cease the practice, and become a self sustaining flame.

This spiritual independence often conflicts with the status quo. So some will find my opinions concerning religion and politics a bit harsh.

Wouldn't be the first time. But I'm prepared to offer a good reasoning as to the how and why of things. It is always spiritual in nature, but it may reflect differently in the human world.

I have often used Shiva as an avatar. If you understand his nature, you understand my points of view. I'm rather fond of destruction so that new growth can occur.

I have a corrosive effect on what people believe in.

I will always tell you what I see, rather than what I believe.

Harder than it sounds.

x
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 03:04 am
@xexon,
xexon;63963 wrote:

conflicts with the status quo. So some will find my opinions concerning religion and politics a bit harsh.

Wouldn't be the first time. But I'm prepared to offer a good reasoning as to the how and why of things. It is always spiritual in nature, but it may reflect differently in the human world.

You're in good company
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 05:43 am
@xexon,
xexon;63940 wrote:
Hello everyone.

x

Welcome, but enlighten me,...Yogi?
xexon

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 08:37 am
@Numpty,
Because I don't subscribe to any religion, and people need a label to stick on me, Yogi is the proper title as yoga was my path in life.

It's the same thing as being called a Catholic or Mormon. It gives people an idea of your thoughts on spirituality.

I identify only with the absolute. There are no deities for me. Nothing in between this human interface and the rest of creation. Needless to say, this makes religion and belief a moot point.

I enjoy tempting people from their caves in the same way a parent tempts their child to walk across the floor for themselves. I want them to walk for themselves.

But until they are freed from their beliefs, they cannot know God. I don't want people to believe what I say. I want to help raise you up to where I am so you can see it for yourself.

No faith required. No religion. No rituals. Just your natural birthright to know who and what you are.

Minus other people's opinions.

x
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 09:56 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;64007 wrote:
Welcome, but enlighten me,...Yogi?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/266669BP~Yogi-Bear-Posters.jpg
Numpty

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:08 am
@Fatal Freedoms,